Chapter 28

Cora

Two red lines
This can't be happening, not to me and not now.
I could only hear white noise, I drowned out every ounce of noise or sound coming from the outside.

How did I get to this?
I was doomed, I was officially fucked.
Of all the things Dimitri did to me, this took the crown of it

I am pregnant
Not just to anyone, but for my captor, the man who tortured me everyday for the last six months, Dimitri Volkov.

How did I know this
Remember I'd been throwing up non stop, I even lost appetite to eat any kind of food.
Well yesterday, I gave the excuse that I needed some fresh air

And my sister being too protective asked me to go, on the condition that I went with a guard, I agreed and went with a guard.

I had to look for a way to divert his attention from me before I sneaked into a drug store and got two pregnancy tests.

And here I am, locked in the bathroom staring at the stick in my hands, my fear and assumptions coming to life

I am pregnant
I so badly wanted to scream, but all that I could do was just let the tears fall down my face silently as I watch my life get ruined in front of me.

What would Cara say?
Worse, what would Enzo do?

Dimitri is his worse enemy, they hate each other's guts and here I am pregnant for him.
Obviously, Enzo would never let me keep this child in his house.

Oh God
What will I do?

I can't run away, it's not safe out there.
If anyone remotely knows that I'm carrying Dimitri's child, I'm automatically dead, especially his enemies.

I don't even know what Dimitri would even think or say, if he knows I'm pregnant for him.

Ivan

At that thought, I just break down completely, crying silently.
He's never going to even want to see me

Dimitri has really ruined my life

I can't keep a pregnancy hidden forever, especially not from Cara.
I was a confused sitting duck right now.

I put the stick inside a drawer in the toilet, I wouldn't want Cara to find it, I wash my face quickly and walk out of the bathroom.

Ever since that day with Dimitri, I hated looking at myself in the mirror.
It reminded me of how tainted I was.
How used I'd become.

And now I had another reminder of what he did to me.
My hands involuntarily moves to my stomach and I rub it gently before laying down on my bed.

_______________________________________

It's been a week
A week of hiding away from my sister and her husband.
Of trying to act normal and okay when in reality I'm far from all these things.

I've decided that I'm keeping the baby, but I had one huge problem.
How the hell would I convince Cara and Enzo to let me keep it?

I've not even told them yet that I'm pregnant.
I've tried to stay away from them, so they don't notice anything.
But who am I kidding?
Sooner or later I'd have to tell them.

I decided today would be the day.
I've been pacing my room for the past 15 minutes, trying to come up with a suitable way to tell them that I'm pregnant.

Today was going to determine if I'll keep living with them or I'd haul ass out of here, because there's no way I'd let Enzo harm my child over a stupid rivalry between him and Dimitri.

Yes the child is of Russian blood, but it's my child also.
I'm the one carrying it in my womb.

I breathe in and out before deciding it's now or never.

I open my door and walk out of my room, before walking towards Cara and Enzo's room, I knock on it twice but get no response, I try to open it and realize it's open already.

I peek my head inside and it's empty, huh.
I guess I'll have to check elsewhere,
I head towards Enzo's office and it's the same thing, no one is there
Strange.

The house is a bit quiet today, no chatters or talking from anywhere.
I go towards the stairs and starts walking down.

The more I get close to the bottom of the stairs, I hear grunts and hushed tones coming from the living area.

I walk down and stop at the last two steps, that's why I come face to face with Cara, Enzo and........... My blood runs cold at the person hunched over with two of Enzo's men holding him up.

Blood covering his face and part of his face completely swollen and battered

And they're all just standing there watching him like it's nothing, even Cara.
Upon seeing me there they all look up to look at me

"What is going on here"? I rush out walking in a haste towards them "why do you have him here and who did this to him"? I rush trying to get to him but Cara is quick to stand in front of me

"Cora calm down, we found him lurking around our territory and we took him" she tried to explain putting her hand on my shoulder but I shrug it off and try to walk past her

"Well then let him go, can't you see he's wounded and bleeding" I almost yell before Cara pulls me back and her eyes says it all

They won't let him go, they're gonna keep him here and torture him, I start shaking my head at her

"We can't let him go Cora" my sister whispers out to me

"Take him to the basement" this time it's Enzo's voice making me snap my head towards him.

"No!! You can't do that" I yell trying to get to him but Cara has a strong hold on me even though I'm trying to break free

"You have to let him go" I yell before looking at Cara "please Cara he's going to kill him" I plead with her but she doesn't even listen to me.

I thrash in her hold trying to get out and stop them from dragging him away but she's too damn strong

"You can't do this, you can't keep him here, he's done nothing wrong"!! I yell but Enzo just walks away leaving me struggling with Cara as she pulls me with her upstairs.

They can't harm him
He didn't do anything to me
He's innocent in all of this

Who do you think they have??.
I'm eager to know too 😮😮