Chapter 30

The last thing he expected to see on his table this morning with an uneasy looking Viss was pictures of his cousin, beaten and battered.

There was no return address but he knew who it was from and it left a sour memory in it's wake.

It reminded him of Vera.
Enzo had Ivan in his custody.

That reckless cousin of his, he really wants to die.
What was he thinking going to Italy without telling him.
Was he really that whipped for her?

Dimitri clenched and unclenched his jaw before dropping the pictures on his table angrily

"Prepare the Jet" he muttered scratching his stubble "we're going to Italy" he added

Viss bowed his head before walking out of the dimly lit office, two things was bound to happen on this trip.

Either Ivan comes back with him or he starts war with Enzo and either way, its a win win for him

He pulled out a cigar and put it in between his lip before lighting it up, and taking a long drag.

He knew Ivan was crazy but he didn't think he was this crazy, he knew he wasn't affiliated to the mafia, yet he dared to go to Italy, that too to Enzo's territory.

What was he expecting? A warm welcome?
He's a crazy bastard
All because of her
Cora.

The same girl he'd been having constant dreams and nightmares about, her face haunting him like the grim reaper.
There hasn't been a day where he closed his eyes and and didn't see her frightened face.

Ever since that day, she'd been a constant reminder of the wrong choice he made.
Her tears stricken face, her vulnerable voice and her blood.

They were all taunting him, making fun of him and making him feel worse than he'd ever felt before.

He wasn't one to be remorseful of his deeds and action but now he was.
Everything he ever did to her, he regretted.

_______________________________________

She was vigorously chewing on her nails, any further and she'd draw blood but she wasn't even focused on that right now.

She was sitting across from her sister, a lot of thoughts spiraling on her head.
First of all the grey eyed man in the basement, she hadn't seen him since yesterday, yes she was worried about him.

Another thing was her pregnancy, yes she hadn't totally forgotten about that, how could she?
When she could feel her baby inside her, she felt another life inside her.

Now she had two problem to deal with.
How to tell Enzo and Cara that she was pregnant and how to tell Ivan that she was carrying his cousin's child.

On second thought telling Enzo and Cara isn't such a good idea.
The idea suddenly sounded dangerous, especially knowing Ivan was locked in their basement, what if they killed him after knowing what his cousin did to her?

"Can you stop doing that? You nervous is making me nervous, what's wrong with you"? Cara almost snapped at her, only then did she realize she'd been bouncing her legs and getting close to drawing blood from aggressively chewing on her nails.

"Why do you have him in your basement"? She asked looking at her sister and Cara just groaned out loud.

Not this again, will her sister just stop this pestering about him, what was her deal anyway.