Chapter 24

Sorry for the late update guys, I changed my phone and lost all my notes, just recovered them back.

I'm back and there's no stopping now
Let's unfold Dimitri's and Cora's story together 😁😁

Ever since the incident with Cora and Dimitri, the whole house has seemingly been too quiet and somber.
Everyone was locked up in their own cocoon of thoughts, guilts was flying around in everybody's mind but none was as huge and consuming as Dimitri's.

He wasn't even productive at work or handling the mafia, Viss had noticed this. He knew for the past few weeks, his boss has been preoccupied with a lot.
He didn't know what happened but he wasn't too happy it was affecting his boss this much.

They were having a meeting right now and from across the room he can tell Dimitri wasn't even listening to anything being said, his mind was somewhere else.

He also noticed that his boss has stopped torturing the girl that has been with them for the past few months.
Personally he's not one to pry in businesses that don't concern him but he's been dying to know why Dimitri has her here.

His thoughts drifted to the day he took her from the house, it was quite easy for him to do so.
All he had to do was just create a diversion and they all left her there, even with two guards it was quite easier than he'd been told.

He knew he was going to get a very vicious and renowned killer but what he didn't expect was to find her like that, she looked exactly as described but she acted nothing like it.

Getting her was too easy for him
His eyes drifted back to his boss and he looked worried, he wanted to ask him why the sudden change in atmosphere for the past few weeks but he's a bit skeptical.

"I'll take care of the drug Lord, y'all just keep an eye out for any foul play" Viss told them dismissing the meeting immediately.

The whole room erupted with noise and chair scraping as all the men filled out of the room, leaving just Viss and Dimitri.
He still hadn't noticed that his second in command had dismissed the meeting.

"Boss" Viss's voice resounded in the huge room, only then did Dimitri snap out of his daze.
He looked up at Viss, and looked around the room to see that everyone had left

He breathe out running his hands through his face
"When did everyone leave"? He asked looking at Viss and he just shrugged

"About a few seconds ago" he muttered moving closer to Dimitri "Dimitri, are you okay"? There are only a few times when Viss had ever had to call Dimitri by his name, and they were really crucial times and this was one of those times.
He wanted to know what was wrong with his boss.

"I'm fine Viss" Dimitri whispered looking at Viss, he knew his second in command only wanted to know what was wrong and he appreciated him for that, but he couldn't bring himself to tell Viss what he'd done.

"You just seem worried and pretty occupied lately, is everything okay"? He asked and Dimitri just nodded his head before pushing his seat back and standing up.

"I'm fine, I just have a lot on my mind, but it's nothing I can't handle" he says reassuring his second in command, Viss didn't buy it but he had no choice than to agree.

The truth is, Dimitri has been really occupied and dying of guilt, especially after confirming that the lady in his custody is not Cara but Cora.

Why didn't he ever see this?
He was blinded by revenge, now he got it but on the wrong person.

He hadn't seen her since that day and it's been almost a month, he had seen Ivan though, they didn't even talk
He didn't know what he'd say to his cousin.
He had hurt him pretty bad.