Chapter 31

Speechless.
That was how he felt
He was tense, frozen and shocked to the bone.

What he just heard is enough to give him a stroke or a heart attack.
Cora is pregnant
He didn't need anyone to tell him more

He already knew who's pregnancy it was
Dimitri

He stared at her, eyes unblinking
His heart beating wildly in his chest, his gaze set on her every move.

She was avoiding looking at him
She didn't want to look at him
Everything he just ate was threatening to come back out.

The one woman he falls in love with
The one woman he feels a strong bond and connection with and here she was, pregnant for his cousin.

He was short of words, but his expression said a lot.
Pain, disbelief, shock and anger.

No he wasn't angry at her
He was angry at himself, if only he had stood his ground and took her out of there the minute he suspected she wasn't Cara, all this wouldn't have happened.

But he was a coward, a coward that watched her being humiliated and molested by his cousin and he didn't do anything to stop it.

Cora expected him to say something
Yell, get angry or even ask a question but no, he was just silent

Unmoving and not saying anything
His silence was unnerving her more than anything.
She preferred if he said anything, something.

Ivan was not one to be so quiet, so it was unusual for her.
She badly wanted him to say something but when she looked at him, she froze.

Her whole body tensed
He didn't need to speak or say anything
His gaze said it all.

He hated her
Her very presence was disgusting to him
Of course she wasn't surprised
She was the tainted girl.
The one used by his cousin

What did she expect?
That he'd be ecstatic that she was carrying Dimitri's child?

She couldn't stand his scrutinizing gaze, so she quickly packed up the plates and hurried out of the basement, not waiting and trying not to fall.

Her vision was already getting blurry with tears.
She knew this would happen but she hoped he wouldn't hate her but she was fucking wrong, or was she.

She stormed into the kitchen and dropped the dishes before rushing to her room, Thank God her sister was not there to see her.

Immediately the door shut behind her, she slid down and broke into uncontrollable tears, she was sobbing lightly and clutching to her chest.

The look on Ivan's face was embedded in her mind, the look of disdain and contempt.
He was disappointed in her, she knew this.

A sudden anger was surging through her heart
Anger directed towards Dimitri.
This was all his fault, if he didn't kidnap her, she never would have met Ivan or have him like her.
She never would have met such a fate.

Now she was broken, pregnant and alone.
She hadn't even told her sister yet but she could already guess what their reaction will be

______________________________________

He was sad
Angry and mad
He didn't hate her or felt disgusted by her
No, far from it

Instead he wanted to pull her close to him and console her, tell her it was going to be okay but he knew it would never be okay

She probably loathe him with her all
After all it was his cousin that did this to her, and the downside of it all was, he watched as his cousin tainted, humiliated and molested her and he did nothing about it.

He didn't even know how to feel about the news.
How will Dimitri react to it?
Will Cora ever look at him the same way ever again?

He had wanted to tell her how he felt about her before she broke the news of her pregnancy to him

In that moment he had wanted to tell her, he was in love with her but then she dropped the bomb shell and it all went away.

Will he ever be able to tell her?
Will she even consider him?
Who is he kidding?
She's carrying his cousin's child, of course she'd never even consider him, that is if she doesn't already hate him for what his cousin had done.

__________________________________

Stepping out the jet, the hot air hit him in the face, standing behind him was Viss, his underboss and Sasha.

He had been to Italy before but only on business and it was a long time ago.
This place felt nothing like Moscow, right from the airstrip, the air had shifted and he felt it.

He headed towards the limo waiting for him, down to business, he had no time to be waiting or playing hide and seek with Enzo.

There was going to be an even tonight, he didn't plan on going before but since he was here and that was the only way he'd have a one on one with Enzo, he accepted the invitation to go.

Like he'd said earlier, two things would happen tonight after meeting Enzo.

Either he leaves with his cousin while leaving for Moscow, or he wages war on the Italian mafia.
Either way he's bound to win.
He never looses

But deep down in his heart, he hoped for one thing.
Something he knew was almost impossible to happen but he still hoped it will happen.

Why he prayed for such, he didn't know.
He hoped he'd see her
Even if he couldn't talk to her, he just wanted to see her, even a glimpse of her.

But he knew, nothing ever comes that easy for him.
Nothing
Even the life he has now, he had to fight for.

The houses and streets of Rome felt and looked different from Moscow.
Unlike Moscow, the crime rate here was much lower.
Not that they didn't have crime, just that it was well hidden.

In Moscow, nothing was hidden
Everything was in broad day light for everyone to see.

He breathe out running his hands through his face, trying to distract his mind from a certain brunette consuming his thoughts

His visit here was going to be a very interesting one.

Dimitri is finally in Rome 😁😁😩
It's getting interesting guys

Ivan knows she's pregnant
OMG 😮😮😮

What do you think will happen now??