CHAPTER ONE: THE MISTAKE

NOTE:The person up there is Andrea.

(Edited)

Andrea's POV

She was still running down the streets of New York looking for a place to hide from the three huge men chasing her.

"Get her", I heard one of the men say. I quickly increased my pace praying that I would be able to get away with this one but as if luck wasn't on my side, I tripped on a stone in the middle of the pavement and fell face flat on the floor.

This is the story of Andrea Brooks, a nineteen year old college student who is the definition of trouble and she was just coming back from a party when she heard some strange noises from a building at her left hand side.

At first I thought of ignoring them but curiosity was one of my bad habits and I found myself walking towards that direction. If only I had known that simple act would take such a heavy toll on my life, I would have continued on my way home.

"Hello" I asked taking slow steps into the building. To my surprise, I met a receptionist at the front desk checking some suspicious looking guests into the hotel. "Good evening miss. How may I help you" the receptionist, who I discovered, name is Mariah, asked me. I didn't have anything to do here so I quickly came up with an excuse.

"I was just checking the hotel out so if I ever needed a place to stay in at any time, I could just come lodge here" I said while smiling cutely thinking she would buy it. The receptionist just gave me a weird look and looked away while a particular guest kept eye contact with the receptionist.

I just stood there pretending to be waiting for my turn to check in while using a side eye to check if anything suspicious was going on other than the suspicious receptionist and the male guest at the front of the reception.

Feeling the urge to use the restroom, I left the area after asking for directions from a cleaner present there. I was still looking for the restroom when I felt someone following me.

I turned my back but didn't see anyone there so I just continued looking for the restroom. Finally finding it, I eased myself, washed my hands and exited the restroom. On getting out, I felt a creepy air around the place, one that spelt danger.

I just discarded the thoughts and continued walking back to the reception but I still couldn't shake off the feeling of someone following me.

I thankfully had my purse on me so I quickly reached into it and brought out a can of pepper spray which my parents made me carry everywhere when I left for college.

Although I thought that it was stupid to carry a can of spray everywhere, I'll have to thank my mom and dad for always forcing me to carry protective gear.

I heard some movement behind me and quickly turned. "Hello" I called taking slow steps forward "Hello, is anyone here?" I called trying to stop myself from stuttering.

I held the pepper spray tighter to my chest and walked out of that area but before I could even move a bit, I heard some heavy footsteps confirming my suspicions...I WAS BEING FOLLOWED.

I just continued walking trying to give the unlucky soul a chance to think I didn't notice while the truth is that I was mentally preparing myself to break a fools head today.

When the guy was right behind me, I swiftly turned and sprayed some of the pepper spray in the guy's eyes. I was shocked to see the man I saw at the reception screaming his lungs out. After getting over the initial shock, I laughed out at the funny scene.

There was the man on the floor, rolling all over the floor while screaming and crying his eyes out. I was still laughing when out of the side of my eye I saw him stop crying and then he stood up.

From the look he gave me, I already knew he planned to rip my head off. "Hello Mr big man before we get to talking, do you know how to run" I asked and from the look he gave me, I knew he was confused.

"No" he said still looking confused while I thought how dumb can some people be at times but even though it was an advantage. "Ok bye" I said and it was then I saw some flash of realization on his face but it was already too late because I was really far by then.

I was already laughing thinking that I outsmarted him meanwhile I couldn't have been more wrong about anything in my life.

Just when I was almost out of the street, two more men appeared with the pepper spray guy at the front, I was guessing he was the leader of the three men.

That was how I reached this point and here I am right now lying face flat in the middle of the cold pavement trying to recover from the shock of the fall and continue running but it seems I sprained my ankle.

Even though I was in pain, I still stood up and tried to run because those huge men were getting too close for my liking.

I succeeded in running into an alley and when I turned to check if I would still see the men who were chasing me but I couldn't even see their shadows. I then came out and started walking back home but someone hit me on the head with something hard.

When I turned to face the person who hit me, I was surprised to see Mariah, the receptionist from the hotel looking at me and smirking. The last thing I saw and heard was Mariah and the three guys who were chasing me talking and then Mariah pulled out a phone from her pocket and dial a number.

"Mission accomplished Venom" she said into the phone and then I fell down welcoming my new found companion...DARKNESS.
********************************************************************************************
Hi readers.
So this is my first story and it may not be as lengthy as others but as you read on, it gets longer =)
Please vote, comment and share. If feeling it, follow.
Xoxoxo