CHAPTER EIGHT: THE REAL ANDREA BROOKS

NOTE: The person up there is Maggie

Andrea's POV

Dylan decided to give me a tour of the castle before attending the meeting.

The interior of the castle is focused around a large central hallway serving as the main avenue of traffic and entrance area to the adjacent rooms. The hallway flows into a large, wide staircase that provides the main means of egress from the entertainment are of the house to the private rooms on the second floor. Four formal rooms with sixteen foot ceilings, pocket doors, fireplaces and tall windows form the main block of the building. On the first floor, the hallway and front parlor still retain the original wallpaper from 1981 when this place was first built. The other rooms have been redecorated to approximate the original wallpaper and paint colors.

As you enter through the front door on the east façade, you pass into a grand hallway. The wallpaper is the same but with Spanish themes on the ceilings and walls. The predominant colors are dark with white and gold highlights. Off the main hallway, to the right is a small sitting room. The fireplace, situated on the interior wall has a tall mantel of Birchwood and turned spindles flanking a rectangular mirror supporting a tapered hood. The ceiling is painted pressed metal with a curved crown molding.

Across the hall from the sitting room is a formal dining room. The dining room has panel doors on the west wall, one of which opens to the pantry and continues to the kitchen, and the other door opens to a small work and storage area.

As we reach the second floor landing, there are bedrooms to the north and south. To the east, is a small room that serves as the entranceway to the second floor balcony. The second floor has four main bedrooms, and a bathroom. The bathroom and all of the bedrooms have been repainted and papered. The hallway landing on the second floor serves as the central point to the rooms radiating to the north, east and south. There is a large floor to ceiling mirror of dark varnished wood mounted on the east floor.

The bathroom is on the west wall of the main block and can be reached from a small hallway that runs between the bathroom and the master bedroom. The hall ends in an entrance to a bedroom to the north. To the southeast of the landing is the master bedroom. A door in the northwest corner of the master bedroom opens to the north bedroom, which can be accessed by an entrance from the bathroom and the hallway. Off this hallway is the staircase to the attic.

The third floor is the meeting space. It has doors opening onto a small balcony, which overlooks the eastern side of the valley.

I still wonder where I am even after seeing this incredible view.

The tour has lasted for at least an hour and we weren't even done yet. I don't even know if I'm still in New York.

"So you are part of a mafia clan who executes the killings of corrupt government officials and other evil" I asked as Dylan explained the dealings of the mafia.

"We're the Scorpion clan" He said and I stopped in my tracks. The Scorpion clan was well known for its reputation of always succeeding in any mission they carried out. The first leader of this clan was godfather Sergio Sánchez.

He built this castle from nothing and many generations have grown in this same castle and he chose to name it the "Scorpion" clan because he adored the creatures ability to strike without missing its target and they lived up to it. I would know as my family was one of the few people who had been close with the Sánchez family.

My great-grandfather had saved godfather when he had been ambushed by an enemy clan and since he was a man of integrity, godfather made him his right-hand man. The two families had grown together until a fight occurred between my father and godfather's grandson, ending whatever relationship we had and the blossoming friendship between me and Santiago, his great-grandchild.