chapter 2

you awoke to a knock on the door. you grabbed your phone to look at the time. it was 8:45. class starts in 15 minutes! you jumped up, and grabbed some clean pants. you grab a pair of black ripped wide leg pants and a baggy graphic tee. clean socks and undies are also thrown into the ensuite. you come out of the bathroom dressed and freshened as much as you can be. the knocking is still happening, so you grab your keys and rush to the door. you swing it open to a familiar face, cody.

you and cody had grown fairly close over the past couple days, i mean it's pretty easy to get along with someone like him. he's super nice and genuinely a good person.

"i tried calling you but you didn't answer, sorry i hope you don't mind i came here." he said, a shy smile on his face.

"you woke me up actually, so thank you. i forgot to set my alarm." you rushed out the door and joined cody outside.

"wanna lift?" you asked, dangling your keys in front of him

"sure!" he follows you to your car.
you hop in and start it. the two of you drive to the school. five minutes until class starts. the both of you hop out and head inside. you realize you forgot your bag, but it's too late to go back for it. you follow Cody to class, getting in just before the bell. the teacher is busy doing something so you turn to Cody.

"do you have a pencil i can borrow until lunch? i forgot my bag at home." you murmur quietly

"yeah, here!" he hands you a pencil and eraser, smiling.

"thank you, i promise i'll give it back at lunch." you take the pencil and set it down on your desk.
the two of you chat until the teacher starts class up.

nearing the end of class, the teacher says you can work together to finish notes for the day. you turn to Cody and ask what he'll be doing for lunch.

"i'm not too sure. owens's not here today and i usually go with him." he looks back down, writing a few more words into his notes.

"we can go get some lunch if you'd like." you offer, blushing a little after realizing how to proposal sounds.

"okay that sounds good! i'll meet you at your car at the end of second period!" he seems super excited at the offer, which is pretty cute '(Y/N), what are you thinking! you just met this boy the other day.' you smile back at him and nod. 

"can you send me a picture of the notes you took? i don't exactly have paper to write any on right now. i'll just write them down tonight before we study."  to ask, hoping he'll be okay with it.

"yeah i can do that. you could also write them during our spare! i don't mind staying quiet to let you write them down." he smiles at you
you nod your head, remembering that you have that spare. the bell rings and you get up, the two of you walk out, before parting ways.

the bell rings signifying second period is over. you hop up and head to your car. by the time you get there, cody is already there. you unlock the car and hop in.

"where do you wanna go today?" you ask, your stomach growling after

"we could go to the chip truck by the water!" cody suggests.

"where is it? i don't think i've been to it before." you ask, excited.

"i'll give directions as you go." he says confidently.
you pull out of the school parking lot and begin driving to the chip truck.

when you arrive, you and cody get out of the car.

"one second." you say, walking to the back of your car and popping open the trunk. you pull a blanket out and close it, before locking the car.