chapter 3

finally, march break. you hauled yourself out of bed, and sauntered over to the kitchen. taffy waiting patiently for her breakfast. after feeding her, you got onto your own breakfast. as you fried your bacon, you couldn't stop thinking about the dinner cody and his dad hosted you for. it was so nice. a lovely, healthy meal was prepared. it reminded you of your dads cooking. you flipped the bacon and grabbed a plate. after dishing out the bacon, you grabbed a couple eggs and scrambled them quickly. you tossed the frying pan into the sink to wash after. your phone lit up

Hey (Y/N)!! do you wanna go to the park today and have a picnic?

you smiled at your phone. 'god he's so sweet.' you said yes of course, and ate.

after you ate, you went to your room to pick out an outfit for the picnic. you picked out a cute corset like top, and a pair of jean cargos. you got dressed and went to wash up the frying pan and plate you had used. after that you washed your hands and went back to the bathroom. you wanted to do some makeup, so you did some smokey eyeshadow and a small wing. satisfied, you grabbed your keys and headed out to grab some things for the picnic.
you got to the store and began looking around. some strawberries were on sale, so you grabbed those, and some pre-made sandwiches. you walked around a little, and grabbed some liquorice for him. you knew he'd only bring sweets so you look for some other options. a small pre-made salad, some tartes and some grapes as well as some bottles of water, a 6 pack of cream soda and some paper were the last of what you picked up.
you checked out and headed home.

what time should we meet?

cody was so considerate and you loved it so much.

i'll pick you up in an hour if that works for you!

he said that was okay. you headed home and grabbed your picnic basket, tossing the goodies in with a freezer pack. you washed the picnic blanket and when it was done, you headed over to his house.

i'm here!

shortly after the text was sent, cody appeared with a small bag of goodies for the picnic.
"hiya cody!" you grinned at him with a small wave.

he hopped into the car and the two of you left. you both went to a quiet park, not too far from his place. you laid out the blanket and plopped down onto it, basket in hand. you opened it and handed the liquorice to him.

"Thank you!!!" he grabbed it and ripped it open.

you giggle, and pull out the small salad, the sandwiches and the fruit. you started by dishing out a little salad to yourself, a half a sandwich and some fruit. he did the same and the two of you chatted for a bit. you heard the click of a camera, and looked up to see cody taking a picture of you. it caught you off guard, but you laughed it off. in turn, when he wasn't looking you took a picture of him, lost on thought. he looked rather cute in it. he looked up at you, and smiled.  you dipped you finger in some of the cream cheese styled dip for the fruit, and smeared some onto his nose, giggling.

"Hey! what was that for!" he stuck his finger into it and smeared some onto your cheek.

you giggled and did it back. the two of you went back and forth doing that for a while, before you toppled over, laughing hysterically. the two of you laughed for a while, before he picked up a napkin and wiped his face off. you did the same shortly after. you go to grab a tarte, as does he. your fingers graze one another's, and a small blush crosses cody's face. you grab one, and he does the same after you. you both eat some sweets for a little, before packing up.

"i have a little gift for you!" he said, reaching into his bag. he pulled out a small gift bag and handed it to you.

"awh thank you! you didn't have to." you gently grabbed the bag and began to open it. there was a necklace in it. it was gold, and had a heart with small wings on either side.
your eyes watered.