Chapter 10

Two days after this, Garth walked into the Belfry to see that wolf from his dream. It stood amongst other critters, baby ogres, snakes, and other vile creatures. He was the only one out of these creatures that stood tall. His red eyes stared right at Garth, not with familiarity, but respect. The white scar across his left eye glistened.

"Ok you good for nothing losers," Castor barked, standing proud on his normal body of skin and fur, head slightly lopsided on it. "This week, you will each be assigned a henchman. You've got the gruesome, the hideous, and the revolting. Beezlebub, the list!" His assistant waddled over with a piece of parchment and quill. Everyone looked at the creatures with disgust, and they looked back with equal distaste. But Garth couldn't keep his eyes off that wolf. Same could be said for the proud beast, as if he knew who his master was.

"Jerald!" Castor shouted, Jerald standing super straight. "You've got the goblin!" A little green man with black pants and big, pointy ears smiled menacingly as he waddled over to Jerald, showing off his yellow teeth. Jerald stuck his hand out to the critter, keeping the rest of himself as far away as possible.

"Hi," he squeaked. The black-eyed goblin took his hand and, with mysterious strength, lifted Jerald and smashed him into the floor. Jerald squealed, backing up as he acted like a scared piglet. Kergy stepped between the two and stared down the goblin.

"If you're staying in our room, we better not have any issues." The goblin spit on the ground and stared into Kergy's eyes.

"Kergy!" Castor cackled. "You've got the king cobra!" Kergy jumped up immediately.

"Oh yeah! King of the snakes!" He didn't seem to overjoyed though when the giant snake slithered forward. It reared and ended up taller than Kergy, with a good length of tail still on the ground. "Uh, big, king of the snakes. Very, very big." The snake hissed menacingly.

"You should say queen, Kergy!" Castor snarled. "Snake's a female." Kergy looked the snake up and down.

"If she's a female, I'm scared to see her mate," Kergy choked. The snake flicked her tongue and bared her fangs. Kergy backed up, trying to calm the snake. "Not that you're not impressive. You are very, very beautiful. I mean, scary. VERY SCARY!" Garth watched as Nevers got paired with other critters, the mystic creatures sending them in a frenzy to not offend. Especially if it was a female.

"Garth!" Castor growled after everyone else. "You've got the wolf!" Garth and the wolf met in the middle, chaos going on all around the room. Garth kneeled down so his gaze was level with the wolf's.

"No name?" he asked the wolf. The wolf kept his gaze level, but seemed to be telling him something. "Scar." How corny and unimaginative could it get? But the wolf seemed to like it, sitting down for his master of the week. Garth pat his head, then stood. Castor smirked.

"Seems Garth's henchman KNOWS WHO'S BOSS!" he shouted at everyone else, who was trying not to get killed by their new henchies. Luckily, everyone survived to lunch time. Kergy's frightened side was really being expressed as he stood in line for lunch, forced to be right next to his giant snake. Jerald was being a scaredy pig as always, but now he was squealing every time his goblin moved a muscle.

As Garth looked toward the other line, he noticed the Evers were having a similar day. Colorful and beautiful animals trailed by Evers with disgusted faces. All except Lilac, who smiled as a red fox followed her out of the line. Garth noticed Edward a little farther back, a bright red-orange bird with long feathers perched on his shoulder. Even farther back in the line was the hiding prince Stephan, a white wolfdog beside him.