Chapter 25: Epilogue

"What are you babbling on about, Sophie?" Clarissa Dovey asked with exasperation.

Today was the day the two Deans assigned the new Crypt Keeper to his duties, since the first had been murdered by the School Master. Dean Sophie had arrived fifteen minutes later than they had arranged, immediately starting off on a crazy story Clarissa couldn't follow.

"Ok," the blond girl said, "I'll tell you once more. But if it still doesn't make sense, I'll make you read the book." Professor Dovey threw her hands into the cool air of the Garden of Good and Evil.

"What book?"

"This book!" Sophie shrieked, shoving the storybook she had been carrying this whole time into Dovey's hands. The cover was black with red trim and curvy lettering. The title read The Tale of the Never Prince.

"Where did you find this?" Clarissa asked, suddenly interested. She had never seen the book before or even heard the story. She started to flip pages, seeing the beautiful pictures of students she had taught years ago. But there were two in the pictures she didn't remember.

"I was looking through the School Master's tower and found this hidden under a few floor boards," Sophie explained. "A trick I think is overused. Anyway, I started reading it and found the story pretty intriguing, since the characters are from Gavaldon like me. I kept reading and found out they had a tie during the Trial by Tale, supposedly not ever done until I came. I couldn't look away, which is why I was late. That's when I found out the School Master made a mistake when he placed students that year."

Clarissa scoffed as she closed the book. "Preposterous. The School Master was Evil, yes, but he never made a mistake. And there was never a year before yours when there was a tie in the Trial by Tale." Sophie made a face as the Dean handed her the book.

"The spell must still have an effect on everybody. Or it's been so long you don't question it." Dovey sighed as she shook her head.

"What are you talking about now, Sophie?" Sophie pointed at the book.

"In the story, this dragon of magic thing-"

"Don't joke about dragons of magic," Clarissa interrupted, waggling a finger at her. "They are very powerful. There's one called Bartholomew who lives near the very gates that surround the school. He keeps monsters at bay for the most part." Sophie was gawking at the elderly woman. "What?"

"Bartholomew is the dragon in this book. He warned Garth and Lilac about the School Master wanting to kill them." Clarissa shook her head.

"No, Bartholomew doesn't interact with people usually. And there was never a Garth and Lilac in this school." Sophie raised an eyebrow.

"What about an Edward and Amanda?" Dovey immediately smiled.

"Oh, yes. I remember them. Such sweet students. Despite Edward being the youngest in his family, he ended up ruling their kingdom. He's still in power I believe, Amanda by his side along with two children." Sophie kept staring at the old woman.

"How about Richard and Isabella?" The professor nodded enthusiastically.

"Very good students. Payed attention in my class everyday. Went on to rule Galgornia side by side. I believe they have a child as well, but I can't remember." Her expression suddenly fell. "Oh, but he did have an older brother. Stephan ran off into the Endless Woods with something to prove. Never came back." Sophie shook her head.