Chapter 11

Garth tasted blood. At first he had thought he had eaten something bad, but he realized he was having the dream. The Nemesis Dream. He had read about it, people tasting blood then seeing their true nemesis. Lady Lesso from Curses and Death Traps had him take a test on it. Which he aced. Now he was living it.

He stood in darkness, wandering around in the grey fog. No trees, no shrubs. Just flat ground and fog. He kept walking and heard footsteps. He raced toward them and saw Lilac dancing with a prince. She wore a long pink dress and a tall silver tiara. Her smile was huge, filled to the max with joy and happiness. She was with her prince.

At the angle they were dancing, Garth couldn't see the prince's face. But he knew who it was. The pretty boy of all pretty boys. King of everything prideful and rude. Prince of all irritating and girl snatching. Garth watched as they danced, the couple turning.

"Garth!" Garth shot up, looking around at the room. Jerald was by his bed and had screamed his name. Kergy was gone. Garth stood up and glared at the pig.

"I was in the middle of my first Nemesis dream, Jerald!" he shouted. Jerald crossed his arms.

"Well, we're late for class," he shot back. Garth's face fell.

"Why didn't you wake me earlier!" he shouted, grabbing his books and racing out the door. He went through class as fast as possible, scoring in the high ranks. He went through lunch in a fit, unable to fall asleep with all the noise. He needed to know who his nemesis was or it was going to kill him. He couldn't just assume it was Stephan. He had to be one hundred percent confident.

When he finished dinner, he ran to his room in a frenzy. He lay down on his bed and tried to go to sleep. He tossed and turned, but nothing happened. Now he couldn't sleep. He groaned and banged his head against the wall.

"Fall...a...sleep," he moaned in unison to his hits against the wall. Still nothing. He fell back onto his bed, just waiting. Boredom would take over. He just had to wait. Kergy and Jerald came in half an hour later to find Garth still lying there, staring at the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" Kergy asked. Garth didn't move, barely even blinked.

"First Nemesis Dream. Didn't see face of prince. Need to sleep. Need to know." Kergy laughed and slapped his leg.

"You got a Nemesis Dream! No wonder you slept in! You were like a rock, I couldn't get you up!" Garth just stared uselessly at the ceiling, waiting. "Well, don't leave me hanging! What did you see?" Kergy asked, sitting at the foot of his bed. Garth still stared at the ceiling.

"I saw Lilac dancing with a prince." Kergy waited, but he said nothing more. He frowned.

"That's it? No knives or, or something else?" Garth nodded still staring at the ceiling. "Sorry to say this, but I think your nemesis is Lilac." Now Garth sat up and turned to look at his roommate.

"I still don't know who the prince is. I think they would leave me hanging on whoever my nemesis is," Garth explained. Kergy scratched his chin.