11. Juliette

Our kiss had a slower start than the other few we'd shared. Drew's eyes meeting mine, our mouths touching gently, the barest brush of our lips. It wasn't clear who initiated it, but it felt more like we both just drew closer together by some magnetic pull. It was breathless, and it was sweet.

He moved his tongue over the seam of my lips and I opened for him. The kiss went deeper as it stayed leisurely. Dreamy. We didn't want to rush this moment. Our breaths mingled, and I felt secure enough in his arms to bring my hands from over his neck down to his face.

I felt his erection against me and he gasped out a ragged moan. He used one hand to hold me steady, and the other dipped. Down to the curve of my ass and then holding the back of my thigh.

"Seriously, what are we doing?" I asked him again, slowing our kiss.

"Enjoying ourselves. Because it feels nice."

"That's all?" I pulled back to look in his eyes and he took a minute to collect himself.

"Of course. You're... on hiatus."

My gaze went hazy. "Right. Yes. Hiatus. And you're on the rebound."

Something sparked in those blue eyes. "That doesn't mean we can't enjoy ourselves in the meantime."

My heart soared. I felt fucking victorious.

"We might as well make some part of our arrangement real," he explained himself.

"Yeah. Keep our skills honed."

"Not complicated."

I ran a hand down his stomach and felt him suck in a breath. I was there with him. I was ready for him to push my bikini bottom to the side and fuck me slowly at first, then go harder and faster.

His fingertips just barely grazed my bathing suit over my clit and I pried my lips away from his. "Not here," I whispered.

He looked me dead in the eye as his tongue parted his lips and gave me a subtle nod. He brought his head forward and kissed me gently again, just as my stomach rumbled.

We both laughed and broke away. "Do you want to grab dinner?"

I nodded and he carried me back out of the water to where I could stand and he held my hand back to our bags and ordered an Uber.

- - -

Drew and I were each in our own trailers, equally scared to go to the others. It felt like we crossed a line earlier at the beach and now just innocently spending a night together felt less innocent. I wondered if I hadn't said "not here" what he would have done. I also wondered what the fuck "not here" meant, as if I was telling him we'd do it somewhere else.

Drew's lights were off and I was pretty sure I saw Chase come and pick him up. The Maddies were both busy, so I resorted to staying in my trailer and eating my feelings, until I realized I didn't have much food.

I ordered myself door dash and got into pajamas and waited patiently until I got the knock on my door.

I thanked her for the food and tipped her extra since it was raining and she had to walk through the muddy set.

I was done and packing it up when my phone buzzed a few times.

Jonathan Davis

Yo
I saw you got Thai food
Any chance you have leftovers
I'd kill for some dumplings rn

It's your lucky day
I'll be over in a sec

I took my umbrella and made the brave journey to the trailer next to mine and he opened the door before I knocked.