12. Drew

Waking up with her wrapped over me was something I'd felt only once, and secretly hoped I'd feel it forever.

After we'd dried ourselves off as best as possible and run her blow dryer through our hair, she gave me some of the biggest clothes she had and shoved me into the bathroom to change.

I knew I was acting crazy, but oh my god I had to feel her just once. Just hold her and kiss her without four cameras and an entire crew watching. I needed to be alone with her.

And even with all of my crazy and irrational talk, it still won me a date. And I think it was a real date. Not one for publicity. Which is way more than I could've expected. But I am absolutely not complaining.

When we first got into bed, she faced completely away from me, shivering quietly as she curled herself into a ball. I toyed with the thought of wrapping her up in my arms to make her warm, but I didn't want her to think I was trying to grope her, especially after how much I'd begged her to have sex with me.

She eventually rolled to her stomach, I knew she hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. To be fair, neither had I. This was uncharted territory we were in. And we were so unsure of what to do.

The night before when she was drunk and we slept in my bed, that was completely different. She was all over the place. She'd sit up to tell a story then lay back down just for the punchline. She even got up to dance at one point and I had to beg her to just go to sleep.

She grabbed her pillow and just wrapped it in her arms, like holding something calmed her down, but then her head wasn't supported.

She put her pillow back under her head and cautiously scooted her body closer to me, and the second she touched me, I almost flinched. She was freezing. She carefully put one of her legs over one of mine and curled her face into the side of my arm. I was still pretending to be asleep.

But even though she was like touching an ice cube, it also helped me relax, I actually felt fatigue washing through me just knowing that she was right there, pressed against me.

She visibly relaxed, too. Her breaths slowed as she let her body melt against mine.

But she moved in her drowsiness. Her arm went gently against my stomach and her head rested on my chest. Her leg bent higher over both of mine, and I lightly touched her calf with my arm that wasn't pinned down by her body. I gently trailed my hand up it, stopping at her knee.

I knew she opened her eyes and looked up at me, but I was still putting on the sleeping act.

She pulled her body away from me. I think it was in fear that she thought she was touching me too much and she was sober.

She rolled away from me, facing the window again.

I reached an arm over and took her waist, pulling her into me.

I heard her gasp and she looked back at me. I let out a noise that told her I was snoring softly.

But now, I tried my hardest to crawl out from underneath her, but every time I did, she stirred and groaned. I checked the time and saw we still had a couple of hours.

I was alone with her, and I was holding her. That was much more than I deserved.

Eventually she did wake up, and fuck, she was so adorable.

Her eyes were half open as she stared at me, complete confusion taking over her face, trying to remember what had happened. The first thing she did once she realized it was me was draw the covers to check if our clothes were on, and I couldn't help but notice the disappointed sigh she let out.