Chapter 1

Hey there! This is my first fanfiction so if you spot any mistakes or anything you can point it out:>
TW: ed(eating disorder), throwing up, panic attack

Atsushi's POV

It was a lovely summer morning. I was at the agency filling out some reports while Dazai-san sat on his desk singing a song quite loudly. It really annoyed me since his desk was obnoxiously close to mine although I didn't say anything. Suddenly the door burst open and I could see Kunikida looking serious.

"Is there anything wrong Kunidida-kun?"

Dazai-san had now taken off his headphones and stopped singing that awful song. Thank god...

"There is a mission for you and Dazai, come to my desk so I can explain the details"

I rose up from my seat and so did Dazai-san. Once we were at Kunikida's desk he started giving us information.

"We have been getting a lot of complaints about this dangerous ability user that's currently on the loose. We don't know much about his gift yet but the victims say once the guy touched them they have been getting sharp pain at any part of their body, uncontrollable nosebleeds and bad memories of the past or present. These are all the symptoms that have been reported recently. The last time he was seen near *******. You and Dazai are going there to investigate and if the gifted is there make sure to refrain from physical touch."

I gave my best determined stare but deep down I was quite horrified. What if I end up touching him and ruin the mission?
These thoughts went away once I turned around and saw Dazai-san giving me a reassuring smile.

[Time skip to when they are there]

Once we went inside the building I could see it was in its ruins. The floor had a few tiny holes and I would have almost fallen in one if Dazai-san hadn't caught me in time. We kept walking around. I saw more and more ruined furniture and I was sure the walls were about to collapse. Dazai-san stopped and I stopped too, clearly confused. Suddenly he yelled "DODGE" and without thinking I dodged a punch I didn't even know was coming. The gifted man revealed himself from the shadows and we all stood there until he started attacking us. We attacked back.

[Time skip to when they defeated the man bcz I can't write fight scenes😭]

As the man was on the ground unable to move, Dazai-san put him in handcuffs and walked away to talk to the police officers who were there to arrest the man. I stayed there with the guy and the silence was louder than ever. I decided to go to Dazai-san and the officers but as I walked past the man, he somehow touched my leg and I panicked. I instantly took a few steps back and I could see the gifted's evil grin. Right then an officer arrived and thanked me for helping catching the criminal. The only thing that came out of my mouth was a quiet your welcome and I just stared in horror as the man was taken away, still with an evil smirk on his face.

I decided to keep my mouth shut for now since I didn't feel any pain. Maybe his ability didn't have the time to fully act on me since I instantly pulled away. Or maybe... it just hadn't activated. Well whatever it is, it doesn't hurt now so I'll tell someone once the ability shows.

I was walking back to the agency with Dazai-san. We chatted for a bit until we finally arrived.

Kyouka greeted me with a hug while everyone else waved and said hello. I almost forgot it was afternoon now so we would be going home now. Me and Kyouka walked to the door, said goodbye to everyone and left for our house.