Chapter 4

Akutagawa POV

I woke up to... music? What the hell. I fully opened my eyes and saw jinko with some headphones on humming to a song.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Morning Akutagawa! Nothing I'm just listening to some music."

"So we aren't going to talk about what happened yesterday?" I said with a straight face

Jinko froze at first but started speaking shortly.

"What do you umm mean?"

"If you're trying to gaslight me just know you suck at it"

He stared at me with an annoyed look

"It was worth a try..."

"Dont avoid the subject!" I yelled slightly

He took a deep breath, now looking way more serious than he did. He went on to tell me how he didn't like eating because he didn't have such comfort with food in the orphanage and when he tried to eat, his headmaster's words about him being fat and ugly kept ringing in his head.

I just sat there feeling like an idiot. Was I feeling... sorry for him? I was partly surprised he told me the full truth actually. I didn't expect him to trust me enough to do so.

When he was done I stared at his beautiful purple and yellow eyes which were now like glass. I just pulled him into a hug. It wasn't so unusual. Since he started living here I've been more comfortable around him and I believe so has he. It's like, besides work we were somehow in friendly terms? (HELP THIS IS SO OC IM SORRY😭)

Atsushi POV

I found myself hugging Akutagawa back. For some reason I felt safe whenever he was around.

Our moment got interrupted when I felt something vibrate next to me. It was call from Dazai! I freed myself from Akutagawa's grip and proceeded to answer the call.

(The call)

"Hiya Atsushi-Kun!"

"Hi Dazai-San! Why did you call me?"

"Oh I'm sorry did I interrupt some important moment~" he said playfully

"No of course not!" I said knowing what he meant by his tone

"Anywayyy! Good news!"

I waited excitedly for them with a huge smile on my face

"We caught the ability user! You can go back to your apartment! But until we get him to talk and deactivate his ability it will still have effects but way smaller!"

A smaller smile formed on my face. Of course I was happy I could go back to my apartment but I couldn't help but feel a little sad knowing I won't have Akutagawa's company. Not the port mafia's dog, Akutagawa's...

(Call ended)

"What was that about" Akutagawa asked confused.

"The agency caught the ability user, I can go back to my apartment."

My announcement was met with a single "oh".

We just stared deep into each other's eyes until Akutagawa's voice broke the silence between us.

"Well you should go pack your bags..."

"You're right!" I stood up and gave him an awkward laugh before walking off.

Luckily I didn't pack much and most of my stuff was already in the bag.

—————-

I was now all ready to go when I felt a strong grip touch my shoulder.

"If you need anything just call me, I will come over"

I stared at him with a slight blush on my face and wide eyes clearly not expecting him to say something like that.

"ITS NOT LIKE WE ARE FRIENDS OR ANYTHING! I'm just doing this because I pity the situation you're in..."

Yea that sounded more like him. I replied "of course" with a small smile on my face and walked to the door.

"Wait jinko!"

I turned around to face him

"Want me to drive you there?..."

"Oh yea sure!" A few days ago I would feel uncomfortable and terrified if he asked me that. Now I just simply think it's a good gesture and I liked it.

I followed him to his car and got in. My apartment was only 20 minutes away but we were stuck in traffic so it made the ride quite long. There was an awkward silence between us until I felt really tired and drifted off leaning on the car seat.

Akutagawa POV

As I was getting more mad over the insane traffic, I noticed Atsu- I mean the weretiger is already asleep. I swear he can sleep basically everywhere and anytime without being bothered.

A few more minutes passed and I looked at him again. Wait is he... drooling?! He's getting his weretiger germs all over my car seat! I was about to yell at him but I noticed he was deep asleep and I couldn't wake him up. Deep down I knew he wasn't sleeping deeply but I didn't want to wake him up. I slowly reached out for a hand chief Higuchi gave me and when I realized the cars weren't moving anytime soon I leaned over to him and wiped his drooling mouth. He then grabbed my hand out of nowhere and wouldn't let go. I just sat there embarrassed.

————-

After about an hour of heavy traffic we finally made it to jinko's apartment. I parked my car and got out. I noticed the weretiger was still asleep so I just carried him bride style up the stairs. As I was walking up, I felt something wet touch my coat. Is he seriously drooling on me?!!?! 'He is so done when he wakes up!'. I walked faster before he could drool on my more and finally made it to his doorstep. I reached in his pocket for the keys and unlocked the door.

The house was unexpectedly clean. Maybe jinko liked cleaning? I didn't analyze it too much. I gently placed him on his bed and closes the lights. After that I just made my way to my apartment, admittedly missing Atsushi's company...

1000 words

Sorry about the small chapter and late update😭. School started and my motivation is below zero.. I'm always open for suggestions or pointing out any mistakes I made