Chapter 5

Yea so... with school and after school activities I didnt have time to make this earlier 😭

Atsushi's POV

I opened my eyes slightly trying to adjust to the light. I then realized I was under my bed covers. Oh right I fell asleep during the ride home... Why didn't Akutagawa wake me up though?

I was still tired but when I glanced at the watch on my wirst I immediately stood up and getting ready. I had to be in the agency at 20 minutes! 'Gosh why didn't my alarm go off?! I'm gonna get the yelling of my life from Kunikida!' I whined in my head

Once I was fully dressed I took a last look in the mirror to make sure I look okay and got out of my apartment running. I ran all the way to the agency it wasn't so far from my house but I was still out of breath when I arrived. I opened the door trying to catch my breath...

"ATSUSHI!! YOU'RE 20 MINUTES LATE!" Kunikida yelled

Dazai emerged from his desk and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Cmon Kuniki-da~! Give Atsushi a break! He was even forced to live with Akutagawa..." Dazai said smirking at the last part

'That was so random why would he bring up Akutagawa' I thought. Then I looked at his playful smirk. 'Gosh...'

"Dazai I told you! Nothing happened between me and Akutagawa!! We were simply roommates for LESS than a week!" (I actually don't remember the other chapters at all it's been sm days since I started writing this... I'm pretty sure it was less than a week tho😭)

"Of course" he paused and smirked again. "Sorry for assuming that" he said in his usual silly tone.

Kunikida just sighed and went back to his computer. I followed his example and did the same. As for Dazai-San.. well he just did what he normally would.

It's been three hours since I've been filling reports. My hand was extremely tired I was also pretty tired myself. I slept for so long yesterday how could I even be so exhausted right now? I proceeded to stand up wanting to take a small walk for some fresh air but when I did, I felt really dizzy and my body just gave up trying to stand.

"Woahhh Atsushi-kun! Was it so bad that you can't even stand properly?" He said and giggled with his, since this morning, usual smirk.

I didn't get what he was implying and I didn't really care at the moment. My mind was blank.

"Atsushi-kun? Are you okay?" Dazai said with a somewhat worried expression

I tried to form a sentence but the only thing that escaped my mouth was a heavy breath.

"How about we go see Yosano-sensei?" (No idea how to spell sensei)

I started panicking. I tried to stand up again and reassure Dazai-San that I'm fine. 'What if she found out I haven't been eating or about the scars or-'

Then everything just went black.

(Still Atsushi's POV)

I slightly opened my eyes and saw an endless white. 'Where am I? What happened?...' I attempted to sit up but much to my dismay, when I did my head hurt like crazy and my body was weak. Before throwing myself back into the uncomfortable mattress I realized I was in the agency's infirmary. Right I passed out earlier... but what if Yosano found out?!

A few minutes later I heard footsteps coming my way. I assumed it was Dazai or Yosano so I just closed my eyes and pretended to still be unconscious.

The door opened quietly and small footsteps became louder and louder. Soon I heard the chair next to my bed being pulled. Then someone put my hand against theirs. Was it Yosano? No... her hands are always warm, the hands touching me were really cold but also relaxing. Same goes for Dazai-San his hands are mostly warm aswell. Was it Kyouka? No she was on a mission. Who could it be? Something broke me out of my stream of thoughts. A cough.

Akutagawa?! What is he doing here? Did the agency let him in? And even if they did why would he visit me in the first place? What if he told Yosano about what happened the other night?!

My expression was getting more panicked but I made sure to keep my eyes closed. Akutagawa must have noticed my expression because he began patting my head?!!

'What is going on?! Why's he patting my head?!' After a few seconds I just stopped thinking about that and let myself relax in his touch. It was awfully nice...

My face became peaceful again. When he noticed he stopped patting me and started brushing through my hair without saying a word. For some reason I was lost in his touch. Without thinking I raised my hand and grabbed his. It would be way less awkward now that he thinks I'm asleep.

A few minutes later he let go off my hand and walked away. Soon different footsteps could be heard. High heels... it was Yosano... I prepared myself for the worse as she walked in.

"You can open your eyes now he's gone" she said while getting a small notebook out of a cupboard.

'How did she know I was faking?'

"Now hunny I'd like to discuss some things. Akutagawa told me what happened the other night..."

"..."

913 words

I REALLY WANTED TO FINISH THIS TODAY BUT NO TIME OR MOTIVATION SO CYA😘