Promise

Idea by: NoBo_To_LoVo
Song for the fic: Hazel eyes by Sabrina Jordan (there will be several references to the song through the entire story)
Story: by me
All characters belong to their respected authors. Please enjoy!

~~Your POV~~

"Hi there! You're a new face," An older gentleman grins when you bring snacks to the counter. "Ya passin' through or staying?"

"Oh! I just moved here," You explain with a smile. "I moved into the old house on the outskirts of the trees. Can't believe how cheap it was."

"Ya settlin' down?" He asks you.

"Yep! I still have travel plans but this is going to be home," You explain.

"Just be careful of 'em trees," He says as he rings up your stuff. "Monsters lurk in those woods."

"Monsters?" You ask with a bemused smile. "I'm not scared of monsters. I've faced worse."

"Nah, you don't mess with this one," He says, lowering his voice and leaning towards you. "Never walk in those trees during the night. You won't be coming back alive."

"Thanks for the warning," You tell him. "I'll keep it in mind."

He nods and finishes ringing up your stuff. You get it paid for and head out to your car. Climbing inside and driving to your new home. Boxes are scattered all of the house but you don't bother touching them. You head straight to your bedroom with your snacks and plop down on the bed. You sigh and turn on the television, thankful you called ahead for wifi to be installed. You glance at your phone when it goes off, a frown coming to your lips.

"Hello?" You answer, not really in the mood for the conversation.

"Y/N! Hey, it's been a while!" Your ex laughs.

"What do you want?" You huff in annoyance.

"Ya listen, I need some more money. I found my future wife and I've dropped so much on her. You wouldn't mind would you?" He asks you. "You know, since it's your fault our daughter is dead and all."

Your hand tightens on the phone and tears fill your eyes as you begin to shake.

'I fell astray, but I am bone & blood
And I am bound by love to your hazel eyes
I fell astray, but in you, I have found
That I am ever bound to your hazel eyes.' You sing the song in your head to help keep yourself calm.

"How is it my fault?" You ask, taking his bait.

"Well, you're the one who gave her to me a day early. My brother was supposed to be gone by then. You basically handed her to him," Your ex remarks. "Had you not given her to me a day early she'd still be alive."

You've considered that scenario so many times. You've asked yourself about it more times than you can count! However, years of counseling reminds you of the truth. Your ex was supposed to be taking care of Sally. She'd told him and his ex and they didn't do anything! They're the ones who served her up on a golden platter! Still, you're tired of the fights. You really don't want to have to deal with this man anymore. You're tired of the fighting that drills guilt deeper and deeper into your mind. Had. You not left a day early maybe none of this would have happened. God, you want your baby back so freaking bad.

"I'm wiring you one million and I'm blocking you on everything. Never contact me again," You spit into the phone. "You're my ex, you're not entitled to a single dime, and don't you dare try using my family or else you'll regret it."

"Two million," He declares through the phone. "I want two million.

Your hand clenches the phone in your tighter, wishing you could reach through the damn device and punch him. You wish this man would just keel over and die. You have plenty of money to do so. It's part of how you've always been able to travel every time you saw your little girl. However, he won't kill over and you're tired of hearing from him. You moved to start a new chapter in your life. You have plenty in your savings and you''re working to hand the company back to everyone. You're done with all of it. It's exhausting and so much to bear.

"Fine," You tell him. "Good bye."

You do just as you said you would and wire him two million. Once that is done you contact your bank, informing them there would be no further action taken on your ex's account. You block it from making any kind of transactions in the future and told them to inform you if anyone attempts to transfer money into his account happen. If he dares try to access further funds you intend to find a way to get him arrested. Once you're done with that you block your ex on anything and everything, making sure he can no longer contact you. Doing this, you feel a weight lift from your shoulders once you're sure he can no longer contact you. You're starting over in this town. You've left everything you've ever known far behind and you don't intend to look back. The only thing from your past that you'll never forget is your baby girl Sally. She was your world but she was murdered in cold blood. The police even lost her body! However, you know she's not dead. She's somewhere out there and you're going to find her no matter the cost. It's been ten years since you lost her but you've never given up on trying to find her.

When you went to where she was last seen you found a piece of red fabric, looking but like it had come from a tie. You've been hunting down the material, finding out it's centuries old! Her killer never wore anything needing a tie and neither did your husband. You've talked to countless people hoping you might somehow find who the fabric belongs to. At the very least, if your baby girl truly is dead then whoever this fabric came from must have her body or at least know where it is. Someone took Sally which means she's not dead yet! You've spent the last ten years following any clues you can find in order to look for Sally. You followed the fabric to a museum and that was your last chance. The fabric you have is unlike any other in existence and that was it. Now you needed to find something new. You need to figure out where to go next.

You even went back to the site where her body was! You visit it every year. It's messed up but sometimes you hope that she'll somehow decide to come back there and you'd see her again! You doubted anyone would want to go back to the place they died. Probably why there are so many tortured souls on earth. You grab your phone and turn it on, smiling at the picture of Sally on your screen saver.

"I'm still looking babygirl

"I'm still looking babygirl. I'm never going to give up," You promise into the night. "I'm going to find you even if it costs my life."

You begin to hum the song you've sang to Sally since she was a baby. She's always loved it and you've always felt it fits the both of you. She's your entire world, your everything and you are going to be with her again. No matter what it takes. You place your phone down and roll over onto your side, falling asleep in the comfort of your promise.