Realizations

~~Your POV~~

"NO PLEASE!" You scream as you jerk into a siting position, hard pants leaving your chest.

Sweat drips down your forehead and you can feel the dampness of your clothes. Your chest hurts as your heart pounds hard and fast, hot tears streaming down your cheeks as you hesitantly look around. Where is he?! Where did he go?! Where are you? Your mind slowly focuses as you remember you're in your room in the mansion. A heavy sigh leaves you as you fall back onto your pillow. You clutch the shawl you had been given and hold it to your nose. It feels like the nausea is slowly getting worse on top of the nightmares. You curl up beneath your blanket and tears stream down your cheeks.

What are you going to do? Zalgo tortures you in your sleep, constantly killing everyone you love while demanding you join his side. You keep refusing and sometimes it feels like he hurts your body while you sleep, leaving you sore many mornings. Still, you're holding strong. You're not going to let him get the better of you. You're stronger than that. You're going to prove you're stronger than the demon. No one is going to get hurt on your watch. Morning comes after a few hours and sleep eludes you the entire time. A soft sigh leaves you as you push yourself to sit up. You really need a shower. You grab two clean towels and head into your personal bathroom.

Apparently the mansion eventually added bathrooms to everyone's rooms so they wouldn't fight over the few the mansion did have. It's a funny image in your mind as you imagine everyone fighting over a bathroom. You're still not sure about all the magic stuff going on but you're just going with the flow. You're in a home full of creepypastas in the middle of a forest that can teleport you to any forest in the world with a magic mansion that expands to fit the needs of everyone. Not to mention the abilities of Slender and his brothers.

You haven't seen what Slender is capable of but Splendor has told you it's not a pretty site. He says if Slender's anger ever gets out of hand then it's best you leave before he destroys you and whatever area he's in. Splendor is capable of seeing memories and helps calm anyone down just by resting his hand on you, Offender has magic roses that lures his victims or somehow tells you what's in your heart, and Trender is capable of making things appear out of nowhere and completely changes your outfit just by touching you. All four of them can teleport, are super strong, fast, and all around bad ass. They make you feel safe.

After your shower you head downstairs for breakfast, greeting everyone as you settle in your seat by Sally, Slender's empty seat on the other side of her.

"You didn't sleep again did you?" Clockwork scolds with a frown. "Don't you want to try sleep medicine?"

"We already tried a few weeks ago," You tell her. "I took enough to nearly overdose myself and I still woke up. I'd sleep hard for maybe an hour but the nightmares still wake me up."

"We've tried just about everything," Slender says, coming into the dining room with plates of food. "There's nothing we can do. How's your head?"

"No worse than yesterday," You admit to him with a grimace. "I'm fine. It's been three months since we saw Zalgo. I'm getting used to the sleeping pattern."

Clockwork frowns at this, watching you put food on your plate. Your hands tremble slightly from your exhaustion but you push through. It's the only thing you can do if you're being honest. You're hurting all day everyday after all. So, you push through so you don't worry anyone with your issues. You know they'll help if you need it but you're trying not to become a burden or a chore for them. You're trying to prove yourself to everyone that you do belong here. You don't want to be forced to leave. You've been here for nine months and all of these creatures have become family to you.

"If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?" Slender asks, catching you by surprise as you choke on your food.

"Wh-What?" You gasp when you finally stop choking.