Arguments

~~Your Pov~~

You sigh in defeat when Slender finally leaves, choking back noises as you sob. She's here. She's right here and you can't see her. Slender is right. You're the one who left. If you hadn't given her to her father he was threatening police. You couldn't afford to have anything bad show on your record so you let her go. You let her go and her life ended. You clutch your hair as you curl up in the bed you're in. You never actually planned out what you would say if you found her. Apologize? That would be the place to start. Would she even want to see you? Slender likely isn't going to let it happen but part of you wishes he would. You wish you could take the chance and hug your daughter again.

~~Time Skip 2 Days~~

You've been stuck in a bed with the only thing being allowed is bathroom breaks. Otherwise, you remain chained to the bed with nowhere to go. You're very aware that Sally is just outside that door but you're not allowed to see her. Slender wasn't going to ever let you see her no matter how hard you fight him. Your torso throbs from the pain of the injury Slender had inflicted upon you. You can't believe he was seriously about to do that to his own brother! Talk about a man with anger issues. You sigh and let the book you're reading fall down into your lap, slumping back against your pillows.

"I brought lunch," Slender says after knocking on the infirmary door. You're not really sure why he bothers. It's not as if you're a prisoner or something you think sarcastically.

"It smells good," You tell him with a forced smile.

"Doctor Smiley said you'll be okay going home. Just keep an eye on things," Slender explains. "I'm warning you now. Stay away from my forest from now on. No camping or hiking or anything."

"What?! You can't just kick me out of the forest!" You protest as you jerk up, hissing from the pain. "It's not fair!"

"Life isn't fair," Slender growls back. "Those are the terms if you want to live."

You take a deep breath and let it out slowly, knowing you don't have any room to disagree. It's either you live or you don't.

"I refuse. I just want you to kill me," You declare, crossing your arms.

"What?!" He snarls. "There is no room for negotiation! That is the rule!"

"Great. Then take me home and I'll enter the forest. Or just do it myself," You tell him. "I'm ready to go home now."

"You don't get to make that decision," Slender says. "Doctor Smiley."

"Only cares because you do. Once you're rid of me things will go back to normal," You tell him. "Just let me go home. I'll figure out the rest."

Slender is silent as the two of you just stare at each other. You're sure he's thinking about your words carefully and trying to decide on the best course of action but your mind is made up. Nothing he can do or say is going to stop you. If you can't be with Sally you don't want to be alive at all.

"If I let you see her, will you agree?" He finally asks, your eyes widening in surprise.

"YES!" You immediately answer with an excited smile.

"After you're better. She likes hugs so you'll need to be well enough not to flinch from one," Slender complains, not sounding at all annoyed.

You're surprised by this, having expected him to be mad about having to let you meet Sally. You fully expected to be six feet underground by now.

"Now eat," He orders, setting the tray of food in your lap before leaving.

You can't help the excited smile on your lips as you dig into the food. You're quite the negotiator! Well, not really, but it feels nice to have won. You return to your book with renewed vigor. You need the time to pass quickly until you can see Sally again.

~~3 Days Later~~

"I'm fine! I'm fine! Just let me see her now! Please?" You beg of Slender as Doctor Smiley examines your injuries.

"It's up to him. Not me," Slender tells you.

"I don't see why not. Everything looks great and it's not as sensitive as it was. I'd say she can have one of Sally's monster hugs," Doctor Smiley says with a chuckle. "Feel free to bring her."

"Stay," Slender orders you, so you take a seat in one of the chairs when he leaves.

"Do you need a downer?" Doctor Smiley asks you.

"N-No! I'm okay. But thank you," You say, smiling through the anxiety.

Is this really happening?! Are you really going to get to see your baby girl? You're anxious and excited at the same time. You have no idea how she's even going to react to you! You get to your feet when the door opens and Slender steps inside, watching him motion someone inside. A little girl in a pink dress with blood and dirt on her steps into the room. You sink to your knees as you realize the way she looks is likely from her murder. It hurts your heart knowing she has to be forever tormented with it. Her hazel eyes meet your (e/c) colored ones, tears filling both your eyes. You hesitate and slowly hold out your arms to her, gasping and hugging her tight when she runs the rest of the way to you.

"Oh my god. Oh my baby!" You gasp, leaning back and grasping Sally by the cheeks, showering her in kisses. "Look at you. My beautiful princess."

"I missed you mommy! I've missed you so much," She hiccups, the two of you hugging each other again.

"Mommy missed you too baby. I never stopped looking," You breathe. "I never stopped hoping. I love you so much."

"I love you too mommy!" She gasps, the two of you hugging and crying for a little while.

"Thank you," You tell Slender after a while. "Thank you. Sally, I'm so glad you're safe and sound. That you're happy and protected. I couldn't have asked for anything more."

"You're saying that like this is the last time you're going to see me," She says, catching me and Slender by surprise. She has always been very perceptive. "Daddy?"

"Your mommy is human. She can't really live with us Sally," Slender tries. "It's dangerous and it's best if we don't see each other."

"No!" Sally barks, items in the room suddenlu floating.

"Sally, this isn't up for discussion. Put everything down," Slender warns.

"This can't be the last time!" She protests. "I got my mommy back! You can't just take her away!"

"Sally, it's okay. You'll be okay," You breathe through your tears. "I'm not meant to be here."

"Yes you are!" She shouts, her voice filled with anger. "Daddy I hate you!"

"Sally! Don't!" You cry as everything not bolted to the floor turns towards Slender. "I fell astray, but I am bone & blood And I am bound by love to your hazel eyes I fell astray, but in you, I have found That I am ever bound to your hazel eyes!"

Everything freezes as Sally turns to you with wide eyes. Everything suddenly drops and she's hugging you again. You feel pain as she does so but you hug her back.

"Don't hate Slender. He's trying to keep everyone safe. I'm not meant to be with you and that's okay! I found you safe and happy, that's all I wanted for you," You breathe out as you hold Sally. "I can't be a part of it but I'm happy to know my baby is sage and sound."