Missing & Painting

Repairs were slow going, at this point everything was numb. He couldn't even feel his left arm. His left arm, now that he thought about it, it felt off. Smokescreen looks over eyes widening at the scene. His left arm was gone.

"What the frag happened to my arm!" Smokescreen's fear was clear in his voice. He felt a sharp pain in his leg.

"Language!" Joe shouted back, "There's a little one here. Also, your arm was crushed beneath something, probably a part of the pod you came in. When we tried moving you it came right off."

Smokescreen sits there, unsure of how to respond.

"How... How am I going to do stuff without an arm?" Smokescreen asks

"Adapt, just like us humans. I know a person or two with a missing limb and they get by," Joe says plainly.

Smokescreen sighs, there's nothing that can be done. With Joe's limited experience with fixing Cybertronians, there's no way he would even be able to make a prosthetic. Smokescreen will just have to "get by."

~~~~~

The repairs had finished a while ago, Smokescreen looked around the junkyard and scanned a decent looking vehicle.

(Pretend the 53 is 38. Yes I know this is Herbie, but it's the best car I could find that actually kinda sorta looked like an alt-mode Smokescreen would find in a junkyard. Also, after looking at Smokescreen's transformation, him missing part of his left arm would not effect the cars appearance. But it still looks old and parts of it put together with scraps.)

~~~~~

Smokescreen leaned against a big pile of crushed car, his new alt-mode wasn't his kind of vehicle, but it was the best option he had. Mea had woken up from her nap and was looking at Smokescreen, gently rubbing one of the patches on him that was missing colored due to the repairs.

"Kitty need new paint," Mea giggles as she runs inside. She returns with her dad, who's holding a cart filled with car paint.

"Smokescreen, is it alright if Mea helps you fix your paint job?" Joe asks.

Smokescreen thinks for a moment, "Alright."

Joe heads off back to work while Mea looks at the paints. Smokescreen finds her looking at a pink paint.

"Hey Mea, I'll give you free reign on my new paint job," Smokescreen knows this probably isn't the best choice, but he can always just get a new paint job. Mea giggles happily as she starts painting Smokescreen's legs with different colors.

"No looking," Mea tells Smokescreen. Smokescreen closes his optics guessing Mea wants his new paint job to be a surprise. After some time Mea taps Smokescreen's hand.

"Up," Mea commands as she climbs into his hand. Smokescreen lifts Mea up to help her paint the rest of him. Smokescreen can feel Mea painting part of his face plate, which confuses him, but he doesn't protest.

"All done," Mea smiles happily as Smokescreen open optics and looks at his new paint job. Every part that had been replaced with scrap had been painted to look like a piece of fabric stitched over a hole in clothing. The nub on his left arm had been covers with a white fabric of some kind and taped on with childish looking duck tape. Smokescreen careful picks up a mirror, which in human standards would be a full body mirror, and looks at his face. Three red dots were painted under each of his optics. He actually really liked that part of his new paint job. And he didn't mind the painted patches that much.

"It's perfect," Smokescreen gently rubs Mea's head. Mea hugs his finger in thanks.

 Mea hugs his finger in thanks