Waiting & Hoping

Mea sits in the rubble of her home. Blue flames spread across the shop and yard. The sound of sirens barely reach her ears. Someone pulling her away is barely felt. She hardly even realizes she's sitting in the back of an ambulance, a blanket covering her shocked self. She barely has the strength to move when she sees a body bag, but she moves anyways.

She runs. She knows that's her father, but she hopes against hope that it's not. Someone pulls her away again. She screams for her father, tears stinging her cheeks. She's put in the back of a police car. They need to figure out if she has anywhere else to go, or if she be placed in the foster system. She's only 16, she wouldn't be there long.

~~~~~

Mea opens her eyes, she didn't even realize she fell asleep. A man opens the door. He looks too professional to be a police officer.

"It's nice to meet you, Mea. I'm agent Fowler," the man introduces.

An agent. Mea is confused, why would she be with an agent? An agent of what?

"I'd like to talk to you about what happened at your home, about your brother," agent Fowler continues.

Does he know about Smokescreen? Is he the kind of agent Mea would dream about in her nightmares? The kind that would take Smokescreen away and do horrible things? No, he seemed too kind. Not to mention Smokescreen had already been taken away.

Mea is taken into some kind of government building, the Pentagon. She's sat down in a chair and agent Fowler sits across from her.

"Tell me what happened," Fowler starts, "and don't leave anything out."

"You'd probably think I was crazy if I told you..." Mea admits.

"Try me," Agent Fowler shows Mea a picture of what looks to be Smokescreen helping around the junkyard.

"Alright, I'll tell you," Mea pauses for a moment, "I'll tell you everything. As long as you promise to get him back."

Agent Fowler smiles, "I promise."