Meeting Again

Smokescreen is waiting in his room, boredom overtaking him. Even with Mea there, for some reason he wasn't allowed to leave his room. Mea sneaks off, there was no rule against her leaving.

After a bit she comes back to the room.

"Kitty!" Mea grabs Smokescreen's attention.

"Huh?" Smokescreen sits up from his bed.

"Most of the Autobots have left, it's only Bulkhead and Ratchet. Oh, and Agent Fowler," Mea smiles.

"So?" Smokescreen tilts his head.

"So?! Let's go see why they didn't want you out and about!"

Smokescreen sighs, "Why didn't you check?"

"And ruin the surprise? I want to be just as surprised as you."

Smokescreen stands up and follows Mea out of his room. Due to how things were set up, the rooms were in a separate warehouse than the main area. He transforms into his alt-mode and makes the short drive to warehouse F.

Upon entering Mea hops out and Smokescreen transforms back into his root mode. He looks around before his eyes land on something in the middle of the room. Or more accurately, someone. Soundwave.

"Smokescreen!" Bulkhead seems surprised, "What are you doing here? I thought Magnus told you to stay in your bunk."

Smokescreen barely registers the words, he's to busy staring. Soundwave, he really thought that bot was untouchable. But here he is, bound and unmoving in the middle of the Autobot base. A war waged in his mind, a war of emotions. Anger and fear fighting for control.

It seems anger won in Mea's mind. She starts screaming at Soundwave, as if he could hear her. So loud, and filled with tears that the words were barely audible.

Smokescreen picks up Mea, protecting her from the unconscious foe. Bulkhead and Ratchet are both staring at them in confusion. It becomes painful obvious why they are upset when Mea's words reach their audios.

"You bastard! You took everything from us! You destroyed our home! You killed our father!"

Bulkhead's optics widen, quickly pulling the two into a hug.

"Hey," Bulkhead soothes, "it's going to be okay. He can't hurt you."

It's almost like a dam broke, tears falling like fountain from Smokescreen's eyes. He never let himself come to terms with what had happened. But it's all coming to the surface and spilling over into an ocean of pain and sorrow.

The moment barely lasts, interrupted by glass breaking. Laserbeak has found them. Something flies through the air, hitting the minicon. Mea had used her free time to make a bow, strong enough to pierce Cybertronian metal. She had Wheeljack to thank for the arrows.

A chunk of Laserbeak falls to the ground, right before she manages to release Soundwave. It's too quick for Smokescreen to even register, before his knocked unconscious by an electric shock.

~~~~~

Smokescreen groans as he wakes. A loud voice screaming in his ears. As his vision clears, Mea comes into view.

"Wake up!" Mea slaps Smokescreen.

Smokescreen whines as he sits up, "So loud..."

Bulkhead helps Smokescreen up, "You okay?"

"Yeah, just dizzy." Smokescreen looks at Mea, "Did he hurt you?"

"Just a little bruised," Mea chuckles.

"Ratchet should check you out," Smokescreen looks around, "Where's Ratchet?"

He's gone. Ratchet's gone. Soundwave took Ratchet. Scrap.