Prosthetic Problem

Smokescreen frowns as he watches Ratchet giving Magnus a new servo. Magnus had lost it in a fight with a Predacon, and now he was getting a new one. Smokescreen couldn't help but feel jealous. He's used to only having one arm, but it still feels unfair.

Smokescreen leaves to go to his room, hoping to calm himself down.

"Hey, Kitty," Mea sits down on the desk, "Is everything okay? You seem upset."

"Why does he get a new servo but I'm stuck like this?" Smokescreen complains.

"Ratchet probably has a reason. You can ask him later," Mea reaches out to Smokescreen.

He moves closer so Mean can pet his door-wings, calming him down. He closes his eyes and lets himself relax.

~~~~~

After a while Smokescreen enters the med-bay.

"Ratchet?" Smokescreen calls out.

"What do you want?" Ratchet says in his grumpy tone.

"Why did you make Magnus a prosthetic but not me?" Smokescreen asks.

Ratchet sighs, "A servo is easier to replace than an entire limb. I don't have enough resources to make you one."

Smokescreen nods in understanding, trying hard to hide his disappointment. Ratchet looks up from his work and notices Smokescreen's expression.

"Smokescreen?" Ratchet calls.

"I'm fine," Smokescreen says quickly.

"I'm used to having one arm anyway. It'd be too much of a change to have a prosthetic," Smokescreen wipes his eyes.

"Kid, come here," Ratchet pulls Smokescreen close.

Smokescreen starts crying. He knows it's dumb, but for some reason he can't stop himself. He really isn't that upset about the prosthetic, so why can't he stop?

He realizes it's because this was the tipping point. So much has happened and he hasn't given himself time to breathe. It's all finally spilling over. He lets Ratchet comfort him, the reassuring words and gentle hug helps him greatly.

~~~~~

Short chapter, but I feel like it's nice for the fact that Smokescreen wouldn't be allowed to leave the base and would be basically doing the same thing over and over. I probably have one or two chapters left in this story.