Unexpected Surprise

Smokescreen has been on Earth for 12 years now. He's grown familiar with human life. Mea redid his paint job a few years back, they both decided it was time to get rid of those colorful patches. Smokescreen insisted on keeping the red paint on his face though, he said he really liked it.

 Smokescreen insisted on keeping the red paint on his face though, he said he really liked it

Joe walks outside to find Smokescreen and Mea talking in Cybertronian. Smokescreen had tought Mea the language and it became like second nature in no time, she even learn to read and write Cybertronian as well. It amazed Joe quite a bit when Smokescreen offered to teach her and it actually started to stick.

"What are you two talking about?" Joe asks.

"We're talking about when we should do more archery practice," Mea answers.

Archery, another thing Smokescreen had tought Mea. Smokescreen had worried that a group called the Decepticons would arrive and his family would have no defense. Seeing as Mea was too young to handle a gun, Smokescreen tought her archery instead. Joe himself took a few trips to a shooting range just in case.

Smokescreen had become pretty helpful around the junkyard. Even with only one arm he was able to move big things from one place to another. There was no need to buy expensive equipment to crush a dead car and stack it on top of others.

~~~~~

It was the weekend so Mea didn't have any school. Joe continues with his work fixing a clients car when he hears something outside. Jets? Joe heads out to find his was right, jest are flying overhead. Joe looks over at Smokescreen to find fear in his eyes.

"Smokescreen?" Joe's voice is full of worry.

"Run..." Smokescreen finally says.

Joe looks back up at the jets to see a missile flying right for the shop. The missile hits its target, an explosion of blue filles his view. Smokescreen's energon must have caused the explosion to become bigger.

~~~~~

Smokescreen and Mea watch as their home is destroyed. Joe was close, too close.

"DAD!" Mea screams in fear.

Smokescreen picks her up and starts running. He's doing his best to hide his tears, he knows Joe couldn't have survived that.

"LET ME GO! DAD'S STILL IN THERE!" Mea struggles against Smokescreen.

Smokescreen finds a place to hide, "No. He's not. H- He's gone..." Smokescreen can barely choke out the words.

Someone lands in front of them. A tall and slender mech, a visor covers their face. Smokescreen recognizes this mech as Soundwave. He knows he can't fight Soundwave, not while he's missing and arm, not while he's in grief.

"Please... don't," Smokescreen holds Mea close, "I'll do what you want. Just leave her alone."

Soundwave nods. This fills Smokescreen with relief. Soundwave may be a Decepticon, but he's a mech of his word. Soundwave motions for Smokescreen to follow him.

Smokescreen puts Mea on the ground, "I'm sorry."

"Don't you dare leave," Mea can barely speak between her tears.

"If I don't go with Soundwave, he could hurt you."

"We've already lost Dad, I don't want to lose you too."

"I'm sorry, I don't have a choice in this situation. Just hope I get out, or that someone finds you."

Smokescreen leaves with Soundwave through a space bridge.

~~~~~

You all hate me, don't you. Honestly I almost cried writing this... I'm sorry.