Stephan Wakes Up

Eugene
So that's what happened between Ben vs Jake.

User189315181
Wow, that sounds intense I'm glad you're okay!

User189315181
How was Gray?

Eugene
He seemed like he was lost in thought..

User189315181
I see...

Eugene
I didn't have the chance to tell you, but I saw a flyer about a science competition for helping small businesses

Eugene
I wanted to do it but I'm not confident... it's probably a stupid idea.

User189315181
You should do it!! I can help you! I used to do these all the time in middle school

Eugene
Really?

Eugene
Thank you!

User189315181

No problem!

User189315181
If you don't mind, I think you should keep this a secret from your group. You should surprise them. I'll help you with everything.

Eugene
That's a good idea!

User189315181
I'll do my best to help you win!

Eugene
Thank you again! I'll text you later more about it :D

User189315181
Okay. I look forward to your message

"You should get some rest. Take a break from your phone," A woman's gentle voice said, concerned.

"Okay," the voice responded.

"Stephan, I'm worried about you. You've been on your phone for so long. Are you getting bullied online?" The woman, now confirmed to be his mom, asked

"It's nothing like that. I'm just finding a way to get back in touch with a friend," Stephan said with a smile.

"That boy, Gray Yeon? I'm not sure if that's a good idea." The mother looked concerned.

"I told you I'm okay! Please don't worry about me," Stephan said with closed eyes.

"Okay.. get some rest." Stephan's mother walked out and closed the door gently.

Stephan's smile fell as the door closed. He shut his eyes.

'This is the best opportunity reunite with him. It shouldn't take long now.' Stephan thought with a sad smile.

You may be wondering what's going on here. It started when Stephan woke up from his coma.

3 months earlier...
Stephan's mother was gently holding his hand, laying her head against the bed.

She woke up immediately after hearing some groans and grunts.

"D-Doctor!! Someone call a doctor! He's moving!" The mother yelled, running out for any help.

The doctors rushed in to see what happened.

Stephan's eyes started to flicker open, threatening to shut again due to the bright light.

"He's up!" His mother yelled.

The doctors rushed around him to access his body.

"Stephan, how do you feel? Can you see me? Do you recognize me?" Ms. Ahn asked.

Stephan was about to speak but felt his throat was dry.

"Water! Someone get water!" the doctor yelled.