Fake Stephan

The next day:
Eugene got a notification that he was accepted into the next round of the contest.

He immediately texted his friend.

Eugene
I made it to the next round!

Eugene
Thanks for your help.

Stephan
Congratulations!

Stephan
I'll see what other improvements I can help you make.

With Donald:
Donald and Kingsley were walking out of the building. Gray had just arrived and met with them.

Gray walked in, and before he could even greet Donald, he got an alert on his phone.

Gray checked it with a neutral expression but soon his face shifted to one of fear and shock. his eyes widened.

"What happened?" Donald asked, noticing the unusual state Gray was in.

Gray was shaking. He was staring at the phone, not able to hear Donald's voice.

Donald grabbed Gray by his shoulders and made him look at him.

He glanced down to see his screen and saw the notification that made Gray react so out of character.

This came to Donald as a shock. Donald was already aware of the information regarding Stephan. He wasn't able to track where Stephan's hospital was.

"Take a few days off," Donald said.

This shocked Kingsley. There was a lot of work that needed to be done, and Gray knew this as well.

Problems were arising due to a new competitor in MAPO, so he was overwhelmed with work. He was leaving Jake to handle getting the files that he needed.

Donald was just about to ask Gray to take the files, something he's rarely done, but after seeing Gray's state, he decided it was for the best to not assign him and give him a few days off.

Gray nodded, not properly able to form a coherent sentence.

"Do you need someone else to go with you?" Donald asked.

Gray shook his head, pocketing his phone.

Donald and Kingsley watched as Gray began walking out of the building, still appearing agitated.

"Make sure he gets back to his house safely," Donald said, sending Kingsley to Gray.

Gray got a phone call from Ben and answered it, not really thinking.

"Gray! Let's meet up!" Ben said enthusiastically.

"I can't.. I need to do something," Gray responded.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Ben asked.

Gray paused for a moment before admitting

"I got a text claiming someone saw Stephan, and I'm going to look for him," Gray said.

"I'm on my way," Ben said.

"I was planning on going tomorrow. The person claimed Stephan was a street vendor there, so they are probably closed at this time," Gray said.

"Okay. I'll go with you tomorrow," Ben said.

"You don't have to," Gray responded.

"I want to," Ben said.

Gray sighed

"Okay"

Kingsley was behind Gray, listening in on the call. He was curious about who he was able to speak this casually to.