Missing Keychain: Playing Detective and Getting a New Friend

In the middle of it all, you side eyed at your bestie, who of course, did the same.

The pumpkin head's accusation caused a stir among the other students, and the absence of a teacher only escalated the situation.

"I hope a teacher comes soon," Yumiko whispered.

You nodded in agreement, your gaze remaining fixed on the scene. The tension was still felt in the air as the situation only got worse.

The pineapple spiky papaya colored weird kid was still angy, and the other kid he was fighting seemed equally sadge.

As time passed by, it was clear that without them teachers, the fight will only continue. 

The screen displaying the quest still lingered at the edge of your vision, it was as if it was edging you to intervene.

At that moment, you found your self in a doozy, would you intervene and try to defuse them bombs? Or would you just sit back and chillax and not care about nothin'.

Though it felt like you were in a game, YA STILL CAN'T MAKE ANY CHANCES!

With a sigh, you pressed "Accept" on the screen.

Pulling out a pair of glasses, a blue coat, and a red bow, you quickly transformed into the role you had chosen. With a playful confidence, you clapped your hands together, immediately capturing the attention of everyone in the room.

"Hai hai," you began, projecting an air of authority mixed with a hint of humor. "Let Detective Y/n handle this case."

Your unexpected entrance drew out a mix of reactions. Some kids giggled, others exchanged curious glances, and the two kids at the center of the conflict stared at you in a mixture of surprise and confusion.

As Detective Y/n, you approached the ginger and the c h i l d. You stood between them then adjusted your imaginary glasses being the drama queen you are.

"Now, let's get to the bottom of this," you said. "Accusations are serious business, just so you know"

The whole classroom seemed to hold a breath as you took charge of the situation.

With a questioning glance at both kids, you asked, "What's the story here? Let's hear from both sides."

The red kid hesitated, his anger still evident in his expression. "He took the Keychain that my sister made for me!"

The accused child, looking anxious, countered, "I didn't take anything! He's just making it up!"

With a firm yet gentle touch, you made the both kids sit down on nearby chairs, adopting the role of a great detective.

"Now now kiddos, calm down and let the great detective y/n handle it" you said with a soothing tone, Your composed presence seemed to have a calming effect on the boys.

With a nod, you turned your attention to the orange-haired kid. "Tell me, what's the story behind the missing keychain?"

His shoulders slumped as he told his side of the story. "It's a keychain that my sister made for me. It's really special to me. I showed it to him before going to the bathroom then when I come back, it was gone! He definitely took it."

You then looked at c h i l d. "And what do you have to say about this? Did you take the keychain?"

"I-I didn't take the kaychian!" He stumbled over his words but still looked you in the eyes "You can check my bags if you want!"

Your piercing gaze remained fixed on the c h i l d as he denied any involvement. You could feel his nervousness, and it was clear that your statement struck a chord. Despite his yappa yappa yappa, he still looked like a flappa flappa flappa.

"Okay, we will do just that!" you declared, taking his offer to have his bags checked.

"Where's your bag?" You asked and he nervously took you to his bag. You checked the entire bag but found nothing. The c h i l d smirked, confident.

He put his hand on his chest and said "I don't steal" it was then that you noticed few bits of rice stuck on his tiny hand.

'I get it now' you smirked as all the dots aligned in your head.

You hummed and said "You say that but" you trailed off as you go near the lunch boxes and from the corner of your eyes you see that all the confidence he just had went down the drain.

Both Yukimi and the kid with the pizza watched with anticipation as you neared the lunch boxes.

With extra flamboyance, you opened the c h i l d ' s lunch box. As you looked at the inside of the lunchbox you couldn' t help but chuckle softly. Why? Well, you're a narcissistic gobshi- (ahem) you saw that the rice was all messed up. It was clear that something was hidden in the rice (either that or someone ate it bro).

With even more flamboyance (curtesy from Tengen) you reached into the rice and digged deeper.

And then, just as you had suspected, your fingers closed around a small object. With a cocky smile, you pulled it out, holding it up for everyone to see. There it was-the missing keychain, hidden deep within the rice.

The gasps turned into exclamations of surprise and amazement. The accused c h i l d  stared at the keychain, his eyes wide, while the orangy kid's face turned from shock to realization.

"Wow!" Yukimi exclaimed, her voice filled with awe.

You turned to the c h i l d, "A trick is nothing but a puzzle mankind came up with. If you use your head you can uncover the logical answer" you winked as you stand up and handle the keychain to its rightful owner.

The kid couldn't take it and run away running while Yumiko went on about how cool you are.

"T-thanks a lot," the kid with orange hair stuttered, a blush covering his cheeks.

"You're welcome," you replied with a warm smile. "What's your name, by the way?" you asked, genuinely wanting to know the other better.

The blush on his cheeks seemed to deepen as he met your gaze. "I'm Kunigami Rensuke," He said.

Hearing his name rung a bell in your head 'I think, I know that name..' However, since the memory was faint, you just set it aside.

"Nice to meet you, Rensuke." you replied, glad to have met him. "I'm Ego Y/n"

Qᵘᵉˢᵗ ᶜᵒᵐᵖˡᵉᵗᵉ!
ᴿᵉʷᵃʳᵈs:
¹³⁷ ᵉˣᵖ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵒⁿᵉ ˡᵘᶜᵏʸ ᶜᵃʳᵐ
ᴺᵉʷ ᵃᶜʰⁱᵉᵛᵉᵐᵉⁿᵗ:
ᴮᵉᶜᵒᵐⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵃʳᵗ ᴰᵉᵗᵉᶜᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᶜᵒⁿᵃⁿ
ᴺᵉʷ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ⁱⁿᵗᵉʳᵉˢᵗ ᵘⁿˡᵒᶜᵏ!
ᴷᵘⁿⁱᵍᵃᵐⁱ ʳᵉⁿˢᵘᵏᵉ

Qᵘᵉˢᵗ ᶜᵒᵐᵖˡᵉᵗᵉ!ᴿᵉʷᵃʳᵈs:¹³⁷ ᵉˣᵖ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵒⁿᵉ ˡᵘᶜᵏʸ ᶜᵃʳᵐᴺᵉʷ ᵃᶜʰⁱᵉᵛᵉᵐᵉⁿᵗ: ᴮᵉᶜᵒᵐⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵃʳᵗ ᴰᵉᵗᵉᶜᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᶜᵒⁿᵃⁿᴺᵉʷ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ⁱⁿᵗᵉʳᵉˢᵗ ᵘⁿˡᵒᶜᵏ!ᴷᵘⁿⁱᵍᵃᵐⁱ ʳᵉⁿˢᵘᵏᵉ