chapter 18

From your vantage point behind the door, you observed as hundreds of teenage boys assembled in the room. Recognizing many of them from sorting their information, you couldn't help but acknowledge the array of potential love interests present. It dawned on you that this was likely the beginning of the romantic entanglements within the unfolding story.

As soon as the main character stepped into the room, the lights dimmed, and Jinpachi hopped onto the stage, initiating his mic testing.

"Phew, dodged a bullet there," you sighed in relief, grateful that you weren't the one tasked with addressing the massive crowd of teenage boys. The prospect of speaking on stage in front of such an audience made your introverted self shudder.

Jinpachi-nii continued to ramble on about soccer, a topic that held little interest for you. As he spoke, some people in the audience questioned and resisted his instructions, but true to his nature, Jinpachi shut them down with unwavering authority.

"Then step through the gate," Jinpachi declared, and with dramatic smoke effects, the door you were leaning against swung open. A confident smirk adorned his face, but it quickly faded as he caught sight of you. Lifting an eyebrow, his expression clearly conveyed a silent question, asking, 'What are you doing there?'

It seemed you weren't supposed to be behind that door after all.

You blinked dumbfounded, realizing that everyone's attention was now directed at you. The desire to run away surged within you, but, unsurprisingly, the system had other plans.

New task!!
Take the lead from ego Jinpachi.

[Accept]

Of course... you couldn't forget that the system loved to get on your nerves. Reluctantly, you accepted the task.

Quickly you opened the menu system and went ahead and drink some stuff, Then grabbed the mic from your brother.

Quickly, you accessed the menu system, downed some items, then seized the mic from your brother.

"Hello!" you cheerfully greeted with a big smile, flashing a V-sign. "Ego-chan here." You continued, addressing the assembled boys. "Now, I know you teenage boys don't want to do this - staying away from your family and girlfriend, if you have any. But listen here, if you want to become the best in the world, you'll need to sacrifice things."

You narrowed your eyes and spoke in a low tone, "You will live for the excitement of scoring a goal only; that's what being a striker is."

With determination, you pointed at the door. "Now then, if you are ready, go through this door."

Smirking playfully, you added, "And of course, a cute girl like me will be cheering you all on!" Your statement was met with a mix of surprised and intrigued expressions from the boys.

The moment you mentioned being a cute girl cheering them on, the boys eagerly sprinted towards the door, almost running you over in their excitement. You had to swiftly sidestep to avoid being caught in their stampede.

Your brother glared at you, "Did you have to say that last part?"

"They're boys; they need some motivation," you shrugged playfully, defending your approach with a mischievous grin.