chapter 15

The tension in the air was palpable as Rin and Bachira stood their ground, neither willing to back down. It was clear that this situation was quickly spiraling into a showdown.

"Come on, guys," you pleaded, trying to diffuse the situation. "Let's not do this here."

But it seemed your words were lost in the intensity of their standoff. Rin's eyes blazed with defiance, while Bachira's smile held an edge of challenge.

"Rin-chan, why don't you go with the kid?" Bachira's tone was deceptively friendly, though the undercurrent of tension was impossible to miss.

"I'm not a kid," Rin ground out through clenched teeth, refusing to budge from your side.

Your patience had run thin, and you decided to take matters into your own hands. With a firm resolve, you gave each of them a light, playful punch on the head, resulting in imaginary potatoes appearing above their heads.

"Enough with the rivalry!" you exclaimed, looking at them sternly. "We're here to have fun, not to fight like kids. Now, let's go enjoy the mall, okay?"

Both Rin and Bachira exchanged sheepish glances, rubbing their heads where you had playfully "bonked" them. They nodded in agreement, understanding that it was time to put their differences aside and enjoy the day.

With a renewed sense of camaraderie, the three of you entered the mall, leaving the imaginary potatoes behind and hoping for a more enjoyable outing.

The three of you stumbled upon a photo booth at the mall, and it immediately caught your attention. The booth had a quirky, retro design, and a vibrant curtain with colorful patterns.

"Look a photo booth!" You pointed at the photo excitement filling your eyes as You couldn't resist the temptation. "Let's go in there!" You grabbed both them by thier nack and jump into the photo booth.

As you entered the booth, there was a moment of confusion as you tried to fit all three of you inside the compact space. "This is cramped.." rin muttered under his breath as he was squeezed to the side while also having to bend over a bit because of his tall height. While you and Bachira was fine but squeezed yes. It was a tight fit, but that only made it more amusing.

You turned your attention to the screen in front of you, expecting to see the photo booth's interface. To your surprise, it was the system's screen instead.

"What does this jark want now?" you muttered under your breath, your annoyance evident on your face.

"Did you say something?" Bachira asked, sensing your frustration.

"Oh, no, nothing," you quickly waved off the question, not wanting to drag the system's oddities into the conversation.

ᴺᵉʷ qᵘᵉˢᵗ!

ᵀᵃᵏᵉ ᵃ ˡᵒᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵖⁱᶜᵗᵘʳᵉˢ

[ᴬᶜᶜᵉᵖᵗ] [ᵈᵉⁿʸ]