ice cream on the t-shirt

The sound of rain outside filled your ears as you slowly opened your eyes, only to find yourself in an unfamiliar place.

Instinctively, you reached for the system, but it appeared to be functioning normally, except for one glaring detail - the date.

Confused and disoriented, you rose from where you had been lying and ventured into the premises . There, in the dining room, you found your mother.

"Mom, where are we?" you asked, your voice trembling with uncertainty.

Your mother glanced at you, her expression a mix of concern and puzzlement. "We're at home, sweetie."

Your heart sank as you struggled to comprehend her words. "But this isn't our home..."

"Honey, we moved here two years ago," she explained patiently, though her eyes betrayed a hint of worry.

You furrowed your brow, trying to piece together the past two years, but it felt like trying to grasp at fading dreams. "I don't remember moving here, Mom. Are you sure about this?" Doubt gnawed at you, intensifying the sense of disorientation that had settled over you like a heavy shroud.

As your disorientation deepened, you felt a familiar buzz in your pocket. Retrieving your system, you hesitated for a moment before opening the message, half-expecting it to provide some clarity.

ˢʸˢᵀᴱᴹ ᴹᴱˢˢᴬᴳᴱ

ᵀᴵᴹᴱ ˢᴷᴵᴾ ᴰᴱᵀᴱᶜᵀᴱᴰ

ᴰᵘᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵃⁿ ᵉʳʳᵒʳ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐ, ᵃ ˢⁱᵍⁿⁱᶠⁱᶜᵃⁿᵗ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ˢᵏⁱᵖ ʰᵃˢ ᵒᶜᶜᵘʳʳᵉᵈ. ᵂᵉ ᵃᵖᵒˡᵒᵍⁱᶻᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ᵃⁿʸ ⁱⁿᶜᵒⁿᵛᵉⁿⁱᵉⁿᶜᵉ. ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗⁱᵐᵉˡⁱⁿᵉ ʰᵃˢ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ᵃˡᵗᵉʳᵉᵈ.

ᴾˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵃᵈʲᵘˢᵗ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ⁿᵉʷ ᶜⁱʳᶜᵘᵐˢᵗᵃⁿᶜᵉˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒⁿᵗⁱⁿᵘᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʲᵒᵘʳⁿᵉʸ.

Your heart pounded as you read the message. A time skip? An error in the system? It was almost too surreal to believe. It explained why your memories seemed to have gaping holes.

Now you were faced with the daunting task of adjusting to these new circumstances and resuming your journey...

Feeling a mixture of curiosity and anxiety, you decided to consult your system for more information.

"'puter," you began, "Can you tell me what's happened in the past two years? Why have things changed so much?"

ₛYₛₜₑₘ ᵣₑₛₚₒₙₛₑ

『 ʸᵒᵘʳ ˡⁱᶠᵉ ʰᵃˢ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳᵍᵒⁿᵉ ˢⁱᵍⁿⁱᶠⁱᶜᵃⁿᵗ ᶜʰᵃⁿᵍᵉˢ. ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ᵗʳᵃⁿˢᶠᵉʳʳᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵃ ⁿᵉʷ ˢᶜʰᵒᵒˡ ᵈᵘᵉ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠᵃᵐⁱˡʸ'ˢ ʳᵉˡᵒᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ. ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ⁿᵒʷ ˡⁱᵛⁱⁿᵍ ᶜˡᵒˢᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᴵᵗᵒˢʰⁱ ᵇʳᵒᵗʰᵉʳˢ, ˢᵃᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴿⁱⁿ, ʷʰᵒᵐ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵉᵗ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ˢᵏⁱᵖ. ᵀʰᵉˢᵉ ᶜʰᵃⁿᵍᵉˢ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵃ ʳᵉˢᵘˡᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐ'ˢ ᵉʳʳᵒʳ, ʷʰⁱᶜʰ ᵃˡᵗᵉʳᵉᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗⁱᵐᵉˡⁱⁿᵉ.』

The news hit you like a ton of bricks. A new school, closer to the Itoshi brothers? It was a lot to take in, and you couldn't help but wonder about the implications of these changes. Your connection with Sae and Rin, in particular, seemed to be a focal point of this altered timeline.