the promises we made and the kiss we had

As the day passed, the events of this memorable day at school became a story you couldn't help but share with your family. Their praise and admiration for your quick thinking and bravery only added to the sense of accomplishment you felt.

At pre-school, your newfound reputation as the "cool detective" began to spread like wildfire. Other kids admired your ability to step into challenging situations and make a difference. You received friendly nods, smiles, and words of appreciation from classmates as you walked through the hallways.

Rensuke, your new friend, seemed to have a never-ending appreciation for you. He often shared his lunch with you, which of course, you greatly appreciated. "This is for being my hero," he would say with a grin, handing you a piece of his favorite snack.

As you spent more time with him, your admiration for his character grew. He had a heart of gold and a determination to always do what was right, even in the face of challenges. His sincerity and willingness to stand up for what he believed in, reminded you of the values you held dear.

"Rensuke, Y/n, what do you guys wanna be when you grow up?" Yumiko asked with a curious smile.

"I wanna be a hero just like Y/n," Rensuke replied enthusiastically.

Yumiko's face lit up. "A hero? That's so cool Rensuke! Just like in those stories!"

As their conversation continued, you slowly zoned out. Your weird situation, the fact that this world is 'fictional' and that you were an anomaly in it, unsettled you. While Yumiko and Rensuke talked on and on about their childish dreams, you felt disconnected. It was as if you were just a spectator.

Yumiko turned to you, her voice bright. "And what about you, Y/n? What do you want to be when you grow up?"

You looked up, your eyes dim. The weight of your reality settled in-the fact that you didn't belong here, that this world wasn't your own, and that you longed to return to your real world.

"I..." you began, your voice soft,"I guess I wanna become a soccer player just like my nii-chan" you lied as you faked a smile.

'Making up a quick lie is a good skill' You thought to yourself as Yumiko and Rensuke seemed yo believe you.

Yumiko's eyes sparkled. "That's so cool Y/n! Isn't that sweet Rensuke! She wants to join her brother in soccer!"

"You like soccer?" Rensuke tilted his head as he looked at you. "I guess you could say?" you replied. While you did play soccer with your brother, you didn't really love it. Plus, your current circumstances made it difficult to really pursue anything.

"I've always wanted to play soccer too. My dad and I used to watch matches together." Rensuke added.

Yumiko came in and grinned "I can totally see you both as a soccer duo!"

You chuckled softly, appreciating their excitement. "Maybe we'll can play soccer sometime and then in future we can have our legendary match."

Rensuke's eyes lit up, his enthusiasm evident. "You promised?!"

A playful grin crossed your lips as you nodded. "I promise, Rensuke. We'll have our own legendary match someday."

Yumiko joined in, her smile infectious. "Count me in too! I'll be the referee and cheerleader."

"