Part 2

LISA

I awoke, looked at Jennie, then rolled to my other side and reached for my phone off her nightstand. Four in the morning, I quietly breathed. I rolled onto my back and moved my head to the side to make sure she was still fast asleep. Seeing she was, I looked back at my phone and saw I had ten missed calls and twenty-five text-messages. I sighed, then without waking her. I quietly rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom to clean up.

I then headed to her kitchen and knowing most people had a junk drawer in their kitchen. I quietly began opening drawers, looking for some scratch paper and a pen. After finding what I was looking for, I sat at her dining room table, wrote her a note, then headed back home.

It was actually nice driving at this time. It was peaceful, with not a soul in sight.

I noticed all the lights were off as I pulled up to my house. Stepping out of my car, I turned the flashlight on my phone, wanting some sort of light as I entered the house. I slowly and quietly opened the front door, walked in, removed my shoes, walked into the kitchen, and quietly set my keys down on the kitchen counter.

I headed over to my couch and was just about to lay down when I felt someone lying on it. Shit. I shined my light and shook my head after seeing Hailey staying the night.

Great... bed it is, I muttered.

I reluctantly headed to my room, stared at who was lying in my bed, and sighed while quietly climbing into bed-not wanting to wake her.

Just as my eyes closed, I felt her roll to her side and drape her arm over me, whispering, "Where have you been all night?"

"Out," I irritatedly responded. "Go back to sleep," I said, removing her arm.

"Since I couldn't get a hold of you, Hailey decided to stay the night." "I saw her," I groaned, moving closer to the edge of the bed.

I can't fucking do this anymore. I just can't.

JENNIE

I rolled over and went to wrap my arm around Lisa, but when I felt an empty spot beside me, my eyes opened. Seeing she was gone, I quickly rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. Thinking about how much fun I had with Lisa and how she made me feel like a kid again, and then the sex. Oh, God. The sex was fucking amazing. Feeling thirsty, I got myself out of bed and headed to the kitchen for a glass of water. Along the way, I saw a note sitting on the table and picked it up.

Sorry beautiful. I had to get going. I just want to let you know I had a wonderful time, and I'll give you a call later. -Lisa.

A smiled crept up my face while reading her note. I set it down next to the flowers, then walked over to the sink. Grabbed a glass, filled it with water, and took one long drink. I looked back over to the flowers, then the time, and jumped. I needed to shower and get ready for work.

While in the shower, I couldn't stop thinking about Lisa. I didn't know what it was about her, but how she always made me feel made the feelings I was having for her even more robust. I just wished she wasn't so secretive and hoped she would stay longer instead of always leaving in the middle of the night.

Just as I stepped out of the shower, my phone rang. I reached for my towel, wrapped it around me, and rushed into the living room. My eyes rolled, seeing it was my boss, but answered it politely, anyway, "Hello?"

.

Sounding tired, she responded, "Hello, Jennie, I'm calling because I was wondering if you could start early this morning. My wife came home late last night, and after she climbed into bed, I wasn't able to get much sleep. I have a client that is supposed to be there in about thirty minutes. I won't be able to make it there on time, and I know how much closer you live to the clinic than me."