Part 22

LISA

I worried about Jennie after getting off the phone with Kendal, and on my way out of the office to meet Kendal, I called Jennie. She never answered. But I wanted to make sure she was okay, and for her to go somewhere safe other than going home, so I sent her a message.

To[Babe]

I'm on my way to meet with Kendal, and I'd like to ask that you go somewhere other than your apartment. I want to make sure you're in a safe place as I'm minutes away from dropping the bomb on her.

Fr[Babe]

I just left the clinic. I'll head over to a friend's.

I got to the house before Kendal. And I immediately started packing what I left behind the last time I was here, grabbing as much of my things as I could so I didn't have to make another trip. As I piled the bed of my clothes, I heard the door open, then slam shut. "You son of a bitch!" Kendal screamed.

Yep. Kendal's here...

"Is name-calling going to solve anything?" I asked when she entered the bedroom.

Seconds later, she shoved me to the bed. "What the fuck, Lisa? Why the fuck would you serve me at my work? What the fuck is wrong with you?" She screamed, throwing the papers at me..

I pushed myself up and pointed to her as I stood. "I will ask that you not put your hands on me again. Pushing, shoving, hitting, or slapping like you always do will not get you anywhere. By doing all those things to me, all it did was push me away. And as for where you got served? It is what it is. Deal with it."

With fury in her eyes, she took a couple of steps, then stopped and repeatedly poked at my chest, hard. "You're the biggest fucking asshole I have ever known."

I slyly grinned. "Noted. Now, will you please step to the side so I can bring my belongings out to my car?"

Her hands lowered, then she gripped her hips. "I'm not moving until you tell me why you're doing this, and I'd like to know how long you have been planning this."

"Do you want the truth?"

"Yes!" She screamed, stomping her foot.

"Since the day we said I do."

Her eyes widened, and her mouth dropped like a block of cement falling from the sky. Then she pushed me once again. "This whole time? Why didn't you ever talk to me about this?"

I laughed. Is Kendal serious right now?

"Kendal," I snapped. "I tried. I tried so many fucking times, and you never wanted to talk. Whenever I brought anything up, you always said you didn't want to talk about it. And anytime I said this isn't working for us, you would brush it off and walk away. If you weren't locking yourself in the bedroom, you were leaving and not coming back until hours later, drunk as a skunk."

She stared evilly into my eyes, and when her mouth didn't open to yell back a response, I knew I struck one of her chords. She knew I was right.

Speaking of chords. The day I have long waited for, for so long, has finally arrived, and I'm more than excited to cut these fucking strings Kendal bound and attached to me over three years ago, finally.

I am no longer Kendal's puppet.

I stepped away from her and scooped up an armful of my clothes, and began bringing them to my car. Kendal followed me out, and after I laid them in my trunk, she reached in, pulled them out, and dropped them to the ground. "What the fuck are you doing, Kendal?" I asked, bending down and picking them back up.

"You're not going anywhere. We are going to go back inside, and we're going to talk about this. We can fix this," Kendal hissed as I laid my clothes back in the trunk.