Part 31

JENNIE

"Kendal sent me a picture of her ultrasound."

"And?"

"And. Kendal wasn't lying," I hissed.

Lisa coughed and choked, shook her head in disbelief, and was looking more confused than ever. "That's impossible! Very fucking impossible. Before you and I met, we hadn't had sex in months!" She yelled, with the angriest look on her face I had ever seen. "If that's the case, then she was fucking fooling around too. Because I swear to God Jennie, that is or was not my child!"

"So what you're telling me is, you were married to Kendal and you never had sex with your wife. Got it..." I mocked. How in the hell can you be married to someone and not have sex with them? Not even to relieve what needs to be relieved?

"I'm telling you the truth, Jennie. I never wanted to have sex with her because I was not in love with her! And I tried avoiding her at all costs. For months, I avoided her!"

I looked back at my phone and tilted my head to the side as I studied the picture once again.

"I understand you're having a hard time believing anything I'm telling you when it comes to Kendal. Given the circumstances, as I hid being married. But damn it, Jennie! I'm telling you the fucking truth! And I wish to God that you will finally believe me! How in the hell can we move on with our lives if you can't even fucking believe me?"

Lisa looked at me, shaking her head, then turned and walked into the living room. She stopped walking, rested her hands on her hips, then stared at whatever she was staring at. She looked down to her feet, then quietly said. "I need you to believe me, Jennie. And I don't want to fight with you about this anymore. Yes, I fucked up by having an affair with you, but I never fucking slept with Kendal. Kendal and I only had sex within our first year of marriage. Even then, I felt ashamed of having sex with her, and she was my damn wife."

"You told me she had you in her mouth, that it happened right before I found out about you. You didn't have sex with her then?"

Her head waved. "No. And what I said to you before is what happened. And that is until she tried, and I immediately shoved her off. Nothing ever fucking happened that night. I swear. Let's just say something did happen that day. The fact is, she was supposedly already pregnant. And I'm going to repeat it. That's not my child," she insisted as she turned around and faced me. "This is just another attempt of her trying to break us up."

I sighed Lisa's right. There's no way our relationship will ever work if I can't ever believe anything she says. However, that is her fault for me not trusting her. But I must look past the past and look to our future. She has told me time after time that she would not do what she did to Kendal and I have to believe her. She's tried so hard to prove to me that I am who she wants. That I am the love of her life, and she has repeatedly said she would never be unfaithful to me. In all reality, even though she was married to Kendal, and by what she claims, she hasn't been unfaithful to me.

I set my phone down, then walked over to her and rested my head against her chest as I wrapped my arms around her. "I'm sorry. But you have to understand where I'm coming from too. With you married and having an affair with me, it makes it look believable when it comes to Kendal claiming she was pregnant by you."

"I know," she whispered, caressing my back. "But I'm telling you the truth. The only lie I have ever said to you, well, it wasn't a lie, really; it was more like I hid the truth. And that was married that I was married."

I looked up and arched a brow. "You said you had a roommate. That was a lie."

"I said roommate because that's what she was. So that's really no lie there. I just hid who that roommate actually was."