Part 7

LISA

My fingers raked through my hair as I watched Jennie leave. She surprised me when she told me those three big words, and the one thing I noticed after I said nothing, she's refused to look at or say another word to me.

I guess I don't blame her.

I'm such a fucking coward.

She doesn't deserve this, nor does she deserve me.

The thing is. I do love Jennie. I fucking love her so much, and I'm afraid of what will happen once I finally tell her the truth.

I never meant for this to happen between Jennie and me, but it did. And now I need to do something about it.

Since marrying Kendal, I have felt something wasn't right between us. She's been distant, cold, angry, and fuck... she's never happy unless she wants something from me. And to be honest, I feel she too has been cheating on me. Even before we married, I knew that day I should never have gone through with it, but I did. And here I am now, extremely unhappy with my wife and overly pleased with Jennie.

Anytime I have ever brought up divorce to Kendal, she's let it go in one ear and out the other, ignoring all the problems in our relationship and refusing to see there is no love between us.

I loudly exhaled while turning to Sorn. Now I know what Jennie was saying about getting the stink eye from her. Not only is she giving me the stink eye, but it's also an evil look.

If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now.

"What?" I asked, raising my palms into the air.

"I didn't say anything," she hissed, looking away from me and down to her paperwork. "But I will tell you this. If you're having an affair with that Jennie girl, you better get your obituary written. Because you and I both know Kendal will kill you. Most likely, while your sleeping."

I sighed Sorn's right.

Fuck...

I headed back to my office, sat in my chair, and leaned my head back, closing my eyes and thinking about what I'm doing. I know I have to end this with Kendal and I can't go on doing this to either one of them anymore. I'm afraid to lose Jennie, which is something I don't want to happen. And as for Kendal, I don't want to hurt her either, but something tells me she's just with me for convenience and shows she's married, even if it is a loveless marriage.

Of course, my phone has to ring while I'm thinking, trying to figure out my life and of all people it's her.

"What do you need Kendal," I growled.

"Geez, a nice hello would have been nice to hear. But whatever," she snapped back.

"I asked, what did you need? I'm a little busy at the moment."

She huffed, then asked, "I was calling to see if you could pick up some things at the grocery store on your way home. Please?"

"I guess," I groaned, rubbing my face. "Send me the damn list, then."

"Thank you."

After hanging up with Kendal, I sat in my chair for the longest time, thinking. I have to do something soon. And fast. If I don't, I'll lose Jennie for good.

I can't let that happen.

I picked up my phone, looked at Kendal's message, and sighed while standing. I don't know why she can't get the shit herself.

"I'm leaving for the day," I informed Sorn as I stopped at her desk.

"Oh?"

"Kendal needs me to stop at the grocery store. I guess I'll see you in the morning."