𝟏

"Wednesday!!! There you are!"

The shewolf exclaims while hopping into the dorm, almost making the goth, who is currently in the middle of packing, jump in surprise. She tilts her head upwards to meet Sinclairs gaze, as she puts down her favourite crime case journal in one of her suitcases.
"Enid."

"I suppose that you're all good to go soon?"
The powderpuff continues, now with a disappointed clang in her voice. Wednesday nods, only once, and closes all of her bags in one go. Enid nods as a confirmation and exhales deeply, hiding a sob as she sits down in her bed. The goth raised an eyebrow, now trying to figure out what's bothering the usually so happy and excited girl, but she doesn't say anything.

"I can't believe that I'm leaving this place— leaving you for ten whole months. To go back there?"
Wednesday lets go of her suitcase, and walks across the room to sit down next to her now best friend.

"What's the matter?"
She asks, more confused than annoyed by the situation.
"We still have one night to spend."

"I know, but it's still not enough. Ever since I finally transformed last week, I thought that I was finally free."
The goths head tilted.
"Turns out it was the complete opposite. Esther called me the day after, asking about it. Of course the information had somehow been transfered to her in some way. And she didn't have less to complain about. Suddenly, I was weak for wolfing out under the blood moon."

"Sounds like an incompetent mother."
Addams spoke, as she looked in antoher direction. You can't kill your best friend — yes, just best friend, Wednesday — 's mother. You can't.
"Are you spending the entire break with her?"

"Unfortunately. And I just know that she'll be desperate to find me a mate the second I step through the door. If I'm pretty enough, of course. Which I doubt that my mother won't think."

The goth just hummed in response, and rose from the bed. Enid carefully watched how she sat down in front of her typewriter, and heard the clickling begin.
"That's it?"
Enid growled, trying her best to hold in her tears.
"What were you expecting? A hug?"

"Yeah. Kind of."
The goth scoffed, but tried to hide her concern. Yes. She wouldn't want the wolf to spend the break with the person she felt unsafe with, but she didn't have a plan yet. Which is required for her mind to work properly.

A nudge in her stomach appeared as she heard the girl's sobs in the background, and quietly motioned for thing to sneak up on the table in front of her.
"What do I do?"
Addams scoffed, and nodded towards the crying Enid.

"Well, she can't spend a ten month break with those people, that's for sure and certain."
Thing signed, earning a sigh from the goth, who clearly wanted a different answer.
"I suggest you bring her home. That guest room haven't been used since Morticias mother passed."

Wednesday's eyes widened.
Bringing Enid home?

"You're right."
The raven whispered, as she turned around to see the shewolf fallen asleep in the middle of her bed from exhausement. Thing crawled down from the desk, and went back into his little cage that he was going to travel in the next day. And Wednesday was left with her own thoughts.

Bringing Enid home would mean one thing. Alone time. But also, her family would be head over heels for the fact that their little storm cloud finally made a friend. And it will be difficult to avoid their questions.

But on the other hand, she really want to investigate her more. See why her stomach flips whenever the girl's around, see why she's been feeling something ever since she accepted an embrace from Sinclair. See why she sees something different in her. Maybe it isn't a worthless idea after all?

"Mother, father."
She quickly picks up the call. Not because she actually wish to talk to them, but because she has an important request to make.

"How's our little death trap doing?"
Gomez exclaims, while meeting the gaze of his daughter. Morticia doesn't look less amused than her husband, as she smiles softly towards the raven.

"I suppose that it's tolerable. Before you continue your speech, I have an exclusive request for you."
Morticia lights up, as she smiles even wider.

"Anything you wish shall be granted."
A smirk creeps upon the goths lips as she speaks.

"Good, because this is certianly a rare one, mother."