𝟖

A weird stomach feeling entered my body when Enid had left. It was those spiders again, that I had felt before at some occations with the werewolf. I sighed and rubbed my stomach to make them go away quicker. It actually helped for a split second, and I smiled for myself before sitting down in front of my typewriter to continue on my novel. Perhaps the novel was the reason to my spiders?

I began typing, but my fingers didn't want to listen to me. I couldn't focus on what I was writing and it frustrated me. How could someone with such a different and annoying personality take up that much storage of my brain? I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and widened my eyes to force myself to focus on the novel. Did it work? No.

I could still feel Enid's hand in mine, like the ghost of her was still in the room. I didn't need the ghost. I needed her. I found myself longing for her touch, something that I've never felt before. But I wanted her hands on more parts of my body that just in my hands. I've seen my father keep his hands around my mother's waist. The spiders came back when I thought of Enid's hands roaming my stomach, waist and back. How soft her skin would feel against mine.

Maybe what I felt for Enid was similar to what my parents feel for eachother?

No, Wednesday. What are you even thinking? This is not like you.
I rose from my chair, pacing around the room to stop the thoughts of having Enid's hands all over my body from taking me over completely. This girl is driving me insane for some odd reason, and the only thing she had to do was to touch me.

Come on, how weak can you be?
I turned to look into the mirror, as I met my gaze. I was as pale as usual and my eyelashes looked perfect. But nothing else. How could someone like Enid even want to touch me anyways?

The sound of a door creaking and small steps on the wooden floor awoke me from my thoughts as Enid came back into my room.

"Hey"
She spoke in a raspy voice. I looked down at her hands.

"Hi, Enid. What do you want?"
Enid looked at me, up and down, before taking a few steps towards me.

"I can't sleep. I really am tired but I can't sleep."

"Maybe because it's morning."
I mirrored her movement and took a few steps towards her as well.

"I know Wednesday. But I really need to sleep. Is it okay if I—"
She nodded against my bed, and I nodded immediately, not knowing why.

I wanted her in the room for some odd reason. My heart felt warm in her presence and the feeling is very fresh to me but I like it. I like it surprisingly much. Sinclair walked over to my bed and snuggled into my duvets. She was obviously inhaling the scent that I have left in them from last night, I use pretty much perfume so the scents stay in for a long time, but I acted like I didn't notice.

"Admit that you feel a bit tired too, Wednesday."
I walked towards the typewriter again but stopped myself almost immediately. I was NOT going to be able to focus on writing with Enid in my bed.

"Hm?"
I just replied, turning around.

"Come onnnn, get in."
She opened the duvets for me. My entire body told me to listen to her words but my brain said no. It didn't allow me to be closer than one metre to a person. I've already broken that rule too many times with the werewolf. She probably saw me debating with myself, because she said:
"I can give you back scratches until you fall asleep?"
As a smile decoured her face.

The spiders made themselves known to me, and I don't know why it helped, because back scratches equals more physical touch, but I fought my brain and took tiny steps towards the bed, before climbing down next to her.

It was a special feeling.

She wrapped her hands around me, just like I had daydreamt of, as a tiny "o" left my mouth.

"Is this okay?"
Enid asked, and I nodded. Her fingers carressed my back as I stared into space over her shoulder.
"Relax, Wednesday. It's only some backscratches. I could hear you typing all night. You need this sleep."
She dragged her fingers up to my neck, leaving shivers all over my back. I slowly moved my hands to her waist.

"That's okay.."
she whispered into my ear.
"..well, more than okay."

I could feel myself relax as I wrapped my arms around her, leaning my head on her shoulder. This was better than typing.

"I like this."
I mumbeled and closed my eyes. Enid chuckled, which left another shiver to go down my spine.

"I'm glad."
She stroke her hand over my back as she scratched my neck with the other. My entire body got heavier along with my eyelids. I haven't slept in days but with her I seemed to be able to relax within seconds.

The last things I felt was Enid's movements slowing down and two arms that pressed me closer to her, then I fell asleep.