𝟕

I could barely take in anything anymore. Wednesday was holding my hand and apologizing to me. And I did not know what to do.

I glanced down at our intervened hands and up at Wednesday, who quickly realised what she was doing and pulled it away quickly.
"Apologies. I seem to have some kind of glitches in my system today."
She spoke, before continuing to sweep my scar, checking up on me every now and then to see if everything felt all right.

I never thought this about Wednesday. That she could be so affectionate and sweet despite her cold and dark outside. I found myself admiring the goth, and was interrupted in the worst way ever.
"Is your eyes stuck? You can't seem to take your eyes off me."
She mumbled as she poured more alcohol on the cotton pad. I smiled apologetically and looked in another direction while my cheeks blossomed.

"does it feel better?"
Wednesday asked as she stood up, caressing my knee with her fingers. I shivered at the touch.

"σίγουρα κάνει με τα χέρια σου πάνω μου."
I whispered under my breath, as Wednesday gave me a glare.
"Excuse me?"

Oh shit. I had spoken greek again. I tend to do that when I get nervous. Like, word vomit in greek.
"Oh, nothing."
I blurted, before standing up.
"Yep, definately feels better!"

Wednesday looked me up and down before walking out of the room with me as her tail.
"Sooo, what's on the schedule?"
I asked, wanting to spend more time with her. The goth just shrugged as she walked back into the dining hall, where the rest of the Addams family was still waiting.

"Sinclair fell, mother. I had to assist her."
I peeked into the dining hall and saw Morticia give a smirk.
"Oh, how come? I thought you hated to help people. That help was only for the weak."
She stroke Wednesday's hair for a split second, before the black haired girl took a big step back.
"Because I believe that I was the reason for her falling and getting hurt. It didn't feel good to—"
Morticia raised an eyebrow.
"—to.."
She couldn't get the words out of her mouth.
"Nevermind. I'm not hungry, I shall go check up on the werewolf."

She hurried out of the room as I pulled away my head, sitting down to make it look like I didn't spy on her.
"Oh, hello."
Wednesday looked down at me, before nodding against the stairs. I immediately stood up, but felt a sharp pain in my knee as I did so.
"Ow!!"
I exclaimed and grabbed my knee. Wednesday just stared at me, visibly irritated.

"You imbicle."
Excuse me, what?
"Did you lie to me?"
She grabbed my arm and pulled me up the stairs, into her room and slammed me onto the bed.
"You said that you felt better."

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.
"I spent my time on you to make you feel better and you didn't."
Suddenly, something in her gaze changed, and she sat down next to me.
"What did I do wrong?"
She looked me dead in the eye and it felt like I couldn't breathe. She looked so... gorgeous. Like a nightmare. But not like the actual nightmare. She looked like the feeling of when you wake up from a nightmare, realising that you're safe. That's what she looked like.

"Nothing, Wednesday. You did nothing wrong. It's called aftermaths."
I giggled shyly before putting my hand on hers. She flinched a bit but didn't move a centimetre.  Instead, she flipped it, and intervened our fingers. I tried not to squeal because of the billions of butterflies that exploded in my stomach.

"Oh, so that's what it is."
Wednesday mumbeled, stroking my hand with her thumb.
"I really am sorry."
Wednesday whispered, and I squeezed her hand before moving a bit closer, and rested my head onto her shoulder. I could feel her heartbeat.

"You are overreacting, Wednesday. That was the cutest thing anyone has ever done for me. I appreciated it."
The goth shrugged, and I removed my head from her shoulder, and pulled away completely. Wednesday was just about to say something, but stopped herself.

"I think that I'm going to go get some more sleep, wake me up whenever you want."

Wednesday just nodded, and stood up. I walked out of her room and she closed the door behind me. What just happened?