𝟓

I had just finished the last page of the chapter when I threw a glance at the clock.

I've always been extremely punctual with times and truths. I always arrive to my lessons at assigned time, not earlier and definately not later. The Addams family will ALWAYS show up on time. Or, Uncle Fester is discussable, but the rest of us will always be there at the given time. And date for that matter.

And now, it's breakfast.
I threw my feet over the bed and stood up, not really ready to face Enid again after the nervous car ride. But it had to be done, and one thing that the Addams doesn't do, is fret.

One thing that actually bothered me about Enid though, was that she had remained silent the entire night. No whimpering in her sleep, no talking in her sleep, no giggling with one of her stuffed animals, no chatting with thing, nothing. She's never silent at nights, probably has something to do with her werewolf species.

"Enid?"
I spoke in hope to wake her up. No answer.
"Sinclair?"
I spoke again, this time raising my voice a bit. Nothing. Is she being for real right now? I sighed.

"I'm going to drop all of the respect that I have left for you if you don't answer me right now."
Not even a whisper. I pushed the door open, calmly walking in to check what the hell she was up to. The sight I was greeted with made my stomach feel weird.

The girl was laying with her feet on the pillow, in a deep slumber as she held her favourite stuffed animal and snored softly. I was careful to hold in a sigh of whatever I was feeling, and fastened the pace of my steps to open the curtains.

"If you don't wake up we'll let you starve."
I threw Enid's literal BALL of clothes on her to make sure that she didn't come down naked for breakfast as I hurried out of the room and down the stairs to meet my family.

"Goodmorgon our little stormcloud. How was the night for your friend?"
Father spoke with a smile as he poured up some black coffee for himself before he sat down at the table.

"I don't know and I don't care."
I replied, not really caring if she even came down for breakfast at all. The only thing I do care about is my book, that I really want to finish before the end of the day. Father just shrugged and shook his head before starting to feed himself. Mother gave him a small glare before trying to come in contact with me.

"Did she like our home?"
I looked up slightly. Just this page, hold on.
"Wednesday?"

I sighed and put the book aside.
"I didn't percisely show her our home, mother."
Morticia sighed for herself before sipping on her extremely healthy tea.

"Why is that so, scorpion?"

"Because I only offered her a place to stay, not company. Besides, she's a werewolf, she should have a pretty good sense of her surroundings."
I blunted. Of course, I didn't intend to hang out with the preppy. When did mother get a heart?

"You should be polite to our guest. You know that she's not like us at all. I'm pretty sure that her kind values some company."
At this time, she was basically gulping down her tea in pure frustration at my coldness.

"She can have thing. I don't need him anyways."

Mother gave up, finally. I scoffed slightly before continuing to read my book. I don't eat breakfast at most time. I pretty much just sit there and observe my family's weird manners and hobbys. Nothing that interests me really, I just don't want to get caught with Enid upstairs. I prefer family time.

"Uh, Wednesday, I—"
A rough thud was heard, and then a high pitched scream. Mother gasped. And then there was silence.

Satisfaction spread through my body as I realised that my trap that I had set up actually worked. Even though it originally was made for Pugsley, it still worked. A small giggle penetrated my lips as I walked up to Enid laying on the floor.
"Owww.."

She muttered, sobbing slightly as she sat up.
Her knee was all skinned, with a few drops of blood seeping from it.
"Who did this?!!"
She exclaimed, obviously pretty hurt by my little surprise.

But something felt different. Usually when people fall for my traps and most of the times get way more hurt than she did now, I'd just laugh them in their face, brush it off and sit down to read. But Enid.. something gnawed inside of me, telling me to fix it. Why should I have to fix this?

No tears could be seen, but she made sounds that showed her physical pain, and probably mental if she found out that her best friend (in her world) set it up.

And now I stood there looking stupid. The preppy whined for herself as she wiped off the blood trying to stand up, but failing. I scoffed.
"Really?"

"Oh I'm sorry Wednesday, but one of your house's crappy LANDMINES or something—"
landmines? I laughed about it in my head.
"— just SKINNED my knee. And it hurts pretty damn much. So yeah, really."
A snake sound came from her mouth when she tried to stand up once again.
"Don't you ever feel bad?"

Yes, I do.