𝟐

"Enid."

I slowly opened my eyes to ice cold, pale hands shaking me awake, making me meet Wednesday's sharp gaze.
"The cars will be here soon."

A sigh left my lips as I realised what kind of cars the goth was talking about. The cars that was going to take us home, for those students who didn't have parents to pick them up. Or bother to pick them up.
"Oh, yeah, right."

I sat up slowly, giving the dorm a very last glance before I grabbed my stuff to lead them out of the room. Thornhill was going to make the beds later anyways, so there was nothing to stay for. The raven quickly followed up and walked right behind me, so close that I could feel her cold breath in my neck. I shivered slightly at the feeling, and put my bags at the school entrance before walking Wednesday to breakfast.

She didn't say a word on the way there. Instead she shot me quick glances all the way, not even a smirk, or a nudge on the shoulder. Nothing. That's Wednesday, I guess.

We picked a table and sat down. My gaze glued to my homicidel roommate, who had already picked up her favourite book to read, while chewing on an apple. Not sure where she got either the book or the apple, but I'm not sure if I want to know either, so I just let it be.

"Hey, Wens?"
I began, just to earn a short hum from the girl in front of me.
"Don't you think that..."
Dark brown eyes met mine, as she looked up.
"...."
I couldn't speak anymore. It was like the eyes of hers took the words out of my mouth, let it fly out into the thin air surrounding us, disappearing into nowhere. I sighed for myself, kind of admiring ... those eyes, that was meeting mine.

"Yeah?"
Wednesday spoke, as I forgot that I was about to ask her something. A blush crept upon my cheeks, as I tried to gather myself.

What the fuck, Enid?

"Uh, don't you think that it's weird to leave Nevermore for such a long time? Like, I'm definately going to miss this place."
Wednesday took a big bite of her apple, staring me down like I was the psycho maniac in this room.

"Maybe."
Was the only thing she replied with, and broke the eyecontact by looking down to keep reading her book. This startled me.

"I mean, don't you agree?"
I kept asking, desperate to talk to the raven before we were parting for ten months. Her uninterested aura made me doubt on missing her, but the thought of not having her around for such a long time still formed a knot in my stomach.
"Wednesday? Don't you get it? I am afraid."
Finally a reaction.

"how come?"
The goth quickly put away her book, elbows now meeting the table.

"I am afraid of leaving you, I really don't want to go home, if that ... place even is worthy of being called a home. I—"
Silence fell over the cafeteria as I took a break to gather myself once again.
"—don't want to meet Esther."

I felt my eyes tearing up as the only reaction I got from my goth best friend was a small smirk, a little glipse of joy coming from her. Some days it was all that I needed to be cheered up, I love her smile, but today it was just not it.
"Seriously? Do you find this funny?"

The goths smile wiped off her face faster than it appeared. An eye roll sneaked out, before I got ready to grab my snood and leave.
"Enid."

Wednesday's sharp voice prevented me as soon as I stood up. I slowly turned around, to see the shorter girl, also stood up behind me.
"I apologize. I should have prevented myself more. I didn't realize that my emotions was capable of hurting your feelings nor making you want to escape me."

My heart swelled at her apology, as I wiped my fallen tears. I suppose that my eyes told my inner secrets, because shortly, the shorter girl scoffed lightly and opened her arms, allowing me to embrace her tightly.

My Wednesday.

"Before you go, I would like you to meet Lurch. He's standing at our car by the entrance. Care to follow?"
Wednesday spoke, as she took a good step back from me after the hug. The joy I felt in my body couldn't have accessed my happiness more as I nodded hastily.
"Of course!"
One of these smirks left the goth's mouth again as she approached her driver and the car.

"Hello, Lurch."
She greeted, and waited for me to walk up to her side before she continued.
"This is our guest over the break. Treat her well or I can't guarentee your safety."

The tall man let out a deep and annoyed groan, before he reached out and grabbed my arm.
"Don't worry, he won't leave a mark."
Was the last thing I heard before I got dragged into the Addam's car. What?

I gave Wednesday a questioning stare as she jumped in right next to me in the car, as she nodded affirmingly.
"What? I thought that you didn't want to spend the break at home."
The goth spoke when she saw how upset I was.

"Yeah, but you could've at least warned me?"
I growled, as I sat up and wiped the dust off my pink leg warmers and snood.

"And spoil the surprise?"
I shrugged. She got a point. And besides, I was going to spent the entire break with the Addams! A squeal was dangerously close to leave me, but I made sure to hold it together until the air was a bit thinner between the two of us.

This is going to be the best break ever.