𝟑

"And you know that one time when—"

I patiently closed my eyes to prevent myself from doing literally anything that could cause anyone in this car any harm while Enid kept ranting about her personal life that I did not care about.

På My mind is too focused on my murder documentary book that I am in full swing of reading. Or at least trying to be in full swing of reading. But this preppy sitting next to me in the car seems to have something against my ability and longing to academically learn and expand my knowledge in killing which is NOT appreciated.

"Enid, please remain silent."
I spoke with a calm tone, doing everything in my power to avoid any kind of emotion. The girl immediately shut down and turned her head away from me, probably in embarrasment. I just scoffed. She's sensitive.

Lurch shot a quick glance through the rearview mirror, meeting my gaze through the glass. His eyes always said more than his words. Probably because he didn't have any words, but still. The story for today was something like: "do not hurt the girl, she seems sweet". I don't recognize him today.

I just shrugged and began to read in my book. And for the first time on this car ride, the aura was peaceful and quiet. No unimportant gossiping about who's romantically involved with who, no growling from Lurch due to the traffic, no gagging from a carsick Pugsley, nothing. It was just like old times, before mother and father decided to procreate again. Don't get me wrong, Pugsley is a fine tool for my torture and inventions, but everything else that he does gets on my nerves. He's bearable.

The clouds teamed up over us, making the sky grey. I smiled at the fine weather coming in, and looked over at Enid who was wearing her headphones, scrolling on her shining gadget.

"Finally, after a whole week."
I sigh for myself.

"What?"
Enid's headphones is suddenly hanging around her neck, her eyes shimmering over the fact that I just took the initiative to speak to her. And I don't blame her, I should've been confused it I was her too. Because I am confused of what I just blurted out. I'm always utterly good at keeping my thoughts to myself without accidentally spilling them out like half of the chicks at nevermore always does. But this is not like me at all.

"What."
I turned to Enid, pretending that I didn't say anything.

"Yeah, you said something?"
Enid smiled at me as I struggled to come up with something to say as I looked into her eyes. There was something stopping me from speaking when my eyes collided with hers. Almost like something majestic fell over the situation. I've never experienced this before.

And then the spider's came.
It felt like I was sick, like thousands of spiders crawled around in my stomach, searching around for my heart unknowing that they're looking in the wrong place. I almost threw up because of how fast they were crawling. My face felt warm and I could feel sweat forming on and around my hairline. What is she doing with me?

"awww, you're blushinggg!!"
Enid exclaimed, and put her hands over her mouth, flattered over something that I appearentally did.

"I— I what?"
I muttered, and looked down at my hands. Enid put down her own hands and took off her headphones completely.

"your face is all red!!!"

I frowned.
"Why?"

Enid squealed and put everything that she was doing aside to talk to me.
"You can blush over a lot of different things! Like if you are ashamed over something, or think of someone that you have a crush on, or embarrass yourself in front of someone. It's simply a symptom of nervousness."

"Oh."
I turned around again, not wanting to meet Enid's gaze again. In case it makes me nervous. Cause that's what she did, right? Made me nervous.

But why?

I was awoken from my thought by Lurch's "we're home" grunting, causing me to blink a few times to come back to reality. I took a quick glance through the car window and was met by the big Addam's castle in front of us.

"Woahh, you live HERE?"
Enid gasped, almost standing up inside of the car to get a better view.

"Sit down, Sinclair. You're in a car."
I demanded. Making Enid plop down on the seat with a deep blush on her face.

"sorry, I just got a bit too excited. That's all. Your house is beautiful."

I nodded in acceptance and opened the car door as soon as Lurch had stopped the car.
"Lurch, please carry Enid's bags to the room across from mine. As a guest she shall not have to do the job herself."
Enid smiled at me, before coming over to my side of the car.

"The garden is... creeply"
She shuddered.
"A mix of the words creepy and lovely."
She then hurried to add when she caught sight of the frown on my face. I nodded, before beginning to walk towards the house. I am not ready to meet my parents either.

The house opened the door as soon as I put my foot on the last footstep. I suppose that it did miss me after all of the damage that our family has caused to it. But I've been careful to apologize after every single scratch. Let's just hope that it doesn't take the anger out on Enid.