𝟔

I tried my best to hold my tears in when I saw even more blood spilling from my knee, seeping down alongside my chin.

I wailed quietly as Wednesday just stared with widened eyes. But I didn't bother. The wire that was connected between the staircase railing and a little hook in the wall was now pretty much broken due to my entire body weight tripping over it.

"Why don't you come to breakfast."
Wednesday blunted and turned on her heel, ready to leave me in the hurtful and humiliating situation that she herself had put me in. I sighed slightly, trying to gather myself and stop the tears from falling, but it was pretty much pointless.

"Ow—"
I muttered when I tried to steady myself on the staircase railing and stand up, but my knee betrayed me.

"Come on, Sinclair."
Wednesday sighed and looked me up and down as she had just turned around to patiently wait for me to come with her to the table, which made me shed even more tears.

"I'm so sorry Wednesday, but I can't. This shit hurts like heck."
The raven frowned a bit before throwing a nervous glance towards her parents, and then she slowly sat down in front of me. I couldn't explain the look on her face as her eyes met mine, and she put her hand on my knee.

"The trap was meant for my brother.."
She mumbeled, before removing her hand while looking away.
"He's always the first one to breakfast."

The black haired girl shrugged a bit before standing up, doubtfully offering me her hand. I immediately took it, as I was desperate to get out from everyone's eyesight. As I got up, Wednesday pulled me a bit closer to her and whispered:
"I'm sorry."

My eyes widened slightly, but I didn't have time to answer since Wednesday pulled me with her. I whined slightly because it hurt a lot to just walk, but the raven helped me slightly, and led me up the stairs and into a room that she hadn't shown me before.

She lightly pushed me onto the bed and grabbed a box from underneath it, it scared me a bit until I saw what it was. Bandages and some cotton pads. I smiled slightly and sat up from my laying position. Wednesday kneeled in front of me and poured some water onto the pad.
"This might sting."
She mumbeled before she began to clean. And it did. I whispered many bad words and deathly affirmations under my breath as the goth just continued to sweep the pad over the wound.

I was just about to pull the knee away, when she grabbed it to steady it and herself, as I whimpered for myself. And that's when I felt a cold hand sneak onto mine, and a thumb caressing my palm.

"This is all my fault, and I deeply apologize for hurting you."