Chapter 15

Stella's pov_____________________

I got myself a drink. "Is there sugar in this?" I asked the guy pouring my drink.

"No. There you are" He hands it to me. 

Sky came over to me. "We need to talk about Rikkie" 

"Sky--"

"Some things matter, Stella. Some don't. What people think about you doesn't matter"

"Is this some sort of Silva thing you're going through?"

"Seriously?"

I scoff. "Are you drunk? I thought you said you weren't drinking"

"I'm sick of lying, Stella"

"Well, suck it up because what people think happened with Ricki is what happened. Ok? That's the end of it, Sky"

"It doesn't even make sense. Riven was talking about it earlier"

"To whom?"

"To Bloom and Vanessa. She barely believed it, but I think Vanessa already knew, probably Cleo told her" 

"Yeah, but she did believe him, right?" 

"I backed it up. You can't see how it's a problem? Staying with you after you purposely blinded your best friend, makes me look at best like an arsehole, and at worse like an absolute psycho!"

"I thought it didn't matter what other people thought?"

Sky's phone rang and he looked at it. His angry face changes. "They killed the burned one"

"Oh. That's great Sky..." I said but he walked away. 

Vanessa's pov__________________________

Bloom and I found more pictures of this woman. Bloom took a picture of her on her phone. 

"She didn't tell you her name?" I asked confused. 

"No" Bloom shook her head. 

Just then I heard footsteps coming toward us. I looked up and saw Beatrix. 

"Are you... photo collaging at a party? How are we not friends?"

"Do you know... who this is?" Bloom showed her the picture. 

"Why?"

"You're into history, so I assumed you'd... you'd know" 

"Still curious about the why"

"Not trying to sound mysterious or anything, but I just, um, can't tell you" 

"Right, doesn't sound mysterious at all" I whispered to Bloom.

"You might not be trying to sound mysterious, but you're succeeding. Doesn't matter anyway. I have no idea who that is. Enjoy your arts and crafts" Beatrix then walked away. 

"Well, now what?" I asked.

"Let's go find Aisha" Bloom said and we searched for a good fifteen minutes when Bloom spotted her in the crowd and we approached her. 

"She's standing right next to Miss Dowling" Bloom shows her the picture. 

"And you're sure this is the woman from your memory?" Aisha asked. "Not another "maybe"?"

"100%, which means Dowling knows something and she's hiding it from me again"

"So, let's go talk to her tomorrow" I suggested. 

"Tomorrow?" Bloom asked confused.

"Let's go home. You're pissed off and a little drunk, and I can do some homework" Aisha said.