Chapter 22

Vanessa's pov______________

We got into the car and Beatrix drove us back. No one said a word for a while. Which was super awkward. 

"After you asked about Rosalind at the party, I wasn't sure what to make of you. Then I found out you're a changeling and did some math and put two and two together. But I wasn't sure until today"

"Does this mean you're one too? A changeling?" Bloom asked her. 

"Rosalind left me in the care of a close friend while she stashed you in the first world"

"Because my birth parents, my real parents, were... they're dead" 

"It's a lot. I carried that memory for years before I was able to understand what it meant finally"

"Why would Dowling bring me to the otherworld if she killed my family?" Bloom asked.

I decided to stay quiet in the back. This was more their moment than mine. However, I will have to ask Bloom why they were looking at me funny. 

"Not sure she put the pieces together yet, and if I were you, I'd keep it that way" 

"Which is exactly something you'd say if you were making this up" Bloom said. "To keep me from comparing notes"

"No offense, Bloom. But I saw the same thing you did" I said. "She couldn't fake what we saw" 

"Why would I make up a story about our teachers being murderers? Where's the gain in that?" Beatrix asked her. 

"What, so I'm just supposed to trust you?"

"You shouldn't trust me until I've proven myself trustworthy. That's what the faculty expects, and I'm nothing like them. What you need are answers" 

"Yeah, from a woman who died and left nothing by cryptic messages and half-truths. We need more" 

"And we'll get it because Rosalind's alive"

My eyes widen. So it was real...

"What? Dowling told me she was dead" Bloom looked shocked.

"Dowling imprisoned her. I'm at Alfea to break her out" Beatrix informed us, but then we saw someone shoot arrows at us. We saw it was Silva who shot the arrows at the tire. 

"Shit!" Beatrix said as she turned the car to the side. She quickly got up, but her legs were stuck in cement. 

"Not day" Dowling appeared and put bracelets on her. Beatrix screams and whimpers. 

"What are these things?" I heard her ask.

"Stop it! Stop" Bloom came running out of the car, trying to get to Beatrix, but a guard grabbed onto her, restraining her. 

I got out of the car. "Let her go" I yelled, but Silva came over to me and grabbed my arms. I struggled trying to get to Bloom. 

"Stop it, calm down" Silva said to me.

"Let me go!" I yelled at him, but he didn't listen.

"Take, Bloom and Vanessa. We'll handle this" Dowling said to Harvey.

Harvey went over to Bloom and grabbed onto her, she was then put into the backseat of a car. Silva then dragged me to the car too and put me into the back with Bloom. 

By the time we got back to Alfea, it was already dark out. 

When the car stopped. Harvey opened the door. Bloom and I got out and were immediately tackled into hugs by our suitemates, not including Stella.