Chapter 30

Farah's pov______________

It's been two days and Bloom came to see me. She sat on the couch in my office. "How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"A bit rough, but, you know, I'll survive" 

"Well, you drew a great deal of magic a few days ago. You're bound to feel drained for--"

"I've been a brat" Bloom cut me off. "I can't stop thinking about what I said to you that night. You've... You've been incredible to me" She chuckled. "You found me when I was lost, brought me to a safe place, guided me. You... Surrounded me with amazing people. And I've... I've just been--" Bloom stood up.

"It's forgiven" I said cutting her off.

"Can we... hug?" Bloom asked shly. 

"Sure" I smiled at her, I stood up and we hugged. It felt like I was hugging my daughter, but Bloom wasn't my daughter. I chuckled as we pulled away.

"When I became headmistress, I made a decision... To become a figurehead. To project strength. It's what students your age need. Admitting mistakes invites uncertainty but not admitting them means people you care about have to ask if you hug... I should have been more honest with you early on"

"I mean... Maybe, but... Maybe I needed time. I can't keep ignoring my life back home and lying to my parents. They deserve to know what I am and what happened to their real daughter. The truth" 

"You're right. They do... But a word of caution. It won't be easy" 

"Thank you... Also, you don't mind if I bring the girls with me?"

"Martin won't let Vanessa out of his sight. Best to leave her here"

"Right..." Bloom nodded her head and left. 

Bloom's pov________________

We used Stella's ring and went home. I knocked on the door and my dad opened it. He was surprised and happy to see me.

"Bloom"

"Hi"

"How the hell did... Come here!" Dad pulled me into a hug. "Vanessa!" Dad called for Mom.

"Bloom?" Mom looked surprised to see me.

"Hi" I said and she hugged me. "I'm sorry. I know I've been MIA for the past couple of months, but I'm gonna explain everything... I do have one quick question" I turned around. "Girls?" I called for them and they all came toward the house. 

"Lovely to meet you" Terra said, probably the most excited. 

"Hello" Stella waved.

"Hello..." Dad said in shock.

"Hi" Mom waved at them in shock.

"Uh, can my friends crash here for the weekend?" I asked them.

"Of course they can" Mom said.

"Cool. They are gonna go chill in my room for a while 'cause, um... We need to talk" I said.

That's when I told them everything. They were shocked at first, but when I showed them my magic, Mom immediately knew who was responsible for that fire and who gave her the burns. 

I begged for forgiveness and she didn't hesitate to forgive me. I told them about Alfea and the real reason I left, and they understood why.

Then I told them I was switched at birth, and their biological daughter was dead. They took it hard, but later said I was their real daughter. 

We spent a few hours, crying, and Mom took out my yearbook and started flipping through every page of my life. 

Farah's pov______________