Chapter 34

Beatrix's pov__________________

The next morning I met up with Rosalind and saw someone defaced the wall. 

"I spoke with the specialist and fairy perfects. Everyone was checked into their rooms last night. Not that they'd squeal about a little graffiti. The only ones unaccounted for are that couple, Ivy and Devin. They haven't been seen in days... Do you know anything about that?" I said to her.

"Only that neither were particularly promising students. What are people saying about them?"

"The gossip has intensified. The most ridiculous is you caught them outside school after curfew and now they're being punished. Absurd. Obviously"

Rosalind began to walk away, and I followed behind her. "However, the fact that nobody has heard from them is moderately unsettling. Especially when you consider the other missing fairies" I tell her and she stops walking and turns to me. "The twins you're expelled. I know you're following their case. If there's something I need to be worried--"

"Then I will let you know. With the rest of the students"

"I can be more useful if I know what's going on" 

"You are exactly useful enough"

"You're in the east wing every night for hours on end. There's a book in your office in a language I've never seen and gossip aside, it's peculiar that ever since you came back, Faries from this school have started to go missing. Incompetent fairies, sure, but even so. Keeping secrets from me is objectively stupid and a waste of my talent"

Rosalind looked amused. I don't know if I pushed my luck or not. She then turned her head to James, the janitor cleaning up the graffiti. 

"James, would you like to take a break? Beatrix can clean the rest" Rosalind said as she walked away. 

Just great. 

Sky's pov_________________

It was time I finally talked to my father. I took out the sword that Saul gave to me, it belonged to Andreas. I walked over to the specialist training and saw him. "I know you have been busy. But I want to know if we can talk?"

"Ok. All right. Let's deal with this now... Sixteen years ago, Rosalind ordered me into hiding. Everyone thought I was dead. That was useful to her. I couldn't reach out to anyone in my old life. The same goes for your stepmother, Lillian. I couldn't reach out to my son and she couldn't reach out to her daughter. It wasn't personal, Sky. It was an order"

I then held out the sword. "Saul gave me this when I was little. He said it was yours. Thought you might want it back"

He then took out the sword from me and admired it. 

"Well, I don't know whose unbalanced piece of shit this is..." He then pushed it onto the ground. "... But it's not mine" And then he walked away.

I took the sword and went to my room and started drinking. Not even 15 minutes Bloom walks in. 

"Day drinking? huh?"

"Wanna join? Riven's out for the day, so the place is all ours" 

"I can't. I have to have a clear head. I have a... big afternoon"

"Big afternoon? Do you mean Silva?" I asked her confused.

Bloom hesitated on telling me and I could see she wanted to tell me. 

"Actually, don't tell me"

"Sky--"

"I... I know you well enough now to know that I can't stop you from doing what you wanna do"