02. A dark cloud in the light

Note: Our golden trio Lana, Ominis and Anne are going to start their 7th year at Hogwarts. I can't wait to show you what will happen to them. 

The music is huge part of my story telling, so I recommend you to hear all the music that i link in every episode. Thank me later.

Enjoy! ;)

*****

A brand new day where the hope began to spot out, the birds were singing and light filtered through the translucent windows. Lana, Ominis and Anne were ready to head to Hogwarts. It was going to be a really special year, because Anne would finally be able to study magic again. They loaded their belongings on top of the cart pulled by  a magic traction spell with two smooth movements from Lana's wand. Anne felt better than ever, her personality could emerge and be herself again. She was a very energetic person and she loved to make jokes. He reminded Lana of Sebastian, so charming and full of ambition to know and learn. She was passionate about spending hours reading about many subjects such as quidditch or fantastic beasts. 

The landscape of Scotland was beautiful, the beautiful green of the meadows and the tall trees with immense foliage could be admired along the path. They crossed over a lot of different landscapes. They could see herds of goats and some cows grazing.

There was not a moment of silence, Anne liked to chat about everything, mostly about Quidditch. Lana was in the Slytherin's Quidditch team with Imelda Reyes as a beater with Nerida Roberts, Grace Pinch-Smedley as the Keeper, Violet McDowell, Luke Sprinkle and Edward Crouch as the Chasers, and of course Lana as the Seeker. Lana joined the team on her 6th year because Imelda insisted a lot since in the 5th year she could see Lana's ability. She couldn't let Lana not be on the team. Thanks to her perseverance, she made the team be in the first position and won the houses league cup and also the house cup for Slytherin two times in a row. Lana was a talented seeker and surpassed Imelda in broomstick flight, although Imelda no longer showed any jealousy. Imelda and Lana had become very close, at least during training. They had exchanged a few owls over the summers about how incredible it had been that the headmaster Nigellus Black had let play Quidditch at Hogwarts again.

Lana and Anne weren't going to spend the whole ride in silence. Lana looked at Ominis several times, she laughed each time. He was looking very unfriendly, because he was the type of person who values silence and with so much chattering he couldn't have much. Suddenly, when they were near Hogwarts after sunset, the sky became cloudy. The air turned icy. A dark feeling became trapped in Lana's psyche. Steam began to come out of their mouths, at the same time that the temperature began to decrease. It seemed as if joy had vanished from this world.

Look!– Anne said, looking at the sky while pointing at something that was approaching stealthily.

Dozens of dementors appeared all over the sky, almost covering it completely. They were very tall creatures, with a long black cloak and a hood that covered their faces. They were completely terrifying. They were surrounding the entire castle without being able to get close. In the distance you could see how the Hogwarts express had arrived at Hogsmeade station. Lana had a strange feeling. What were dementors doing so far from Azkaban, what was happening. Students who arrived were amazed to see those horrifying beings flying through the sky and bringing an aura of darkness to the place. A lump formed in her throat.

Dementors...in Hogwarts...something is not right– somehow, Ominis seemed to guess what was happening but his bewilderment at the situation could be seen on his face. He always knew what happened, even though he was born blind.