03. You are not allowed

Note: I know it's been a long time, but I swear I'll try to post chapters more often. Now is when the story really begins, I hope the first chapters did not seem too heavy to you. I am re-reading the Harry Potter saga and I have been very inspired by the first books to be able to write in the most familiar way possible. I have a super basic english grammar so, I'm so sorry if i don't use a native british english language.

Hope you like it and keep reading! :)

****

The Triwizard Tournament has been held for five hundred and ninety-seven years, and was created for a friendly competition between the most important wizarding schools in Europe: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstang. But that year was different. The last edition that took place decades ago, all the champions died and could not give the prize to anyone. So when it came to celebrating a new edition, the departments of International Magical Cooperation and Magical Sports and Games of the Ministry of Magic decided to open their options. Since Hogwarts was once again hosting the Tournament, they looked for other schools interested in participating in the competition. Beauxbatons and Durmstrang had politely declined to participate in that edition of the competition, as they were wary of losing more students.

The Mahoutokoro Academy is the wizarding school located on the Asian continent, where all students from countries such as Japan, China and Korea study magic. Among its curricular development, this school has always taught very advanced magic in all its courses and has demanded a very high level from its students. Which is why even fourth years were on par with seventh years at Hogwarts. 

On the other hand, the Uagadou school. The largest wizarding school in the world, located on Mountains of the Moon in Uganda. A huge castle in the mountainside that seemed float above clouds and from which waterfalls of pink water flowed like rose petals. This school was famous because it was based on instinctive and wandless magic. Instead of seven years, students had ten years and specialized in different subjects. Above all, they were skilled in astronomy, divination, alchemy and transfiguration.  Lana remembered it very well, since in her first Charms class on her 5th year, Natty had told her about the Uagadou school from where she had transferred into Hogwarts in her fourth year.

Once Faris Spavin finished the speech to all the Hogwarts students and their guests, food suddenly appeared on their golden plates and the same thing happened in their golden cups, which were filled again once they had finished drinking each time. Although everyone was eating, laughing and explaining everything they had done that summer, Lana couldn't take her eyes off Ominis. He ate in silence, with no expression on his face and seemed absorbed in his own thoughts. Just like her. Anne noticed that her friends were strange, but decided to ignore it and keep talking with Imelda and Nerida. The first was very angry, since Nigellus Black had announced that the Quidditch season was being canceled again because of the Tournament. "Maybe there's some flight trial," Anne said to cheer her up but Imelda could only curse of all the gobstones.

Lana wanted to enjoy the food, but she barely ate a bite. Her mind was too busy, a feeling of anguish was growing inside her chest. Not even the roasted aubergine, which was her favorite, nor all the exotic food that night could brighten her night. She knew Ominis wanted to tell her something and she was dying to ask him. So she patiently waited until the banquet was over and everyone had gone to sleep, so she got out of her bed without anyone noticing and escaped down the winding hallway to the common room. And there he was. Sitting on those luxurious emerald satin sofas and with his face pointing towards the windows that overlooked the bottom of the black lake. Those windows where she met him for the first time, with his sweet gesture and his honeyed smile. The ones where two Slytherin students swore they had heard the sirens crossing in front of them.