CHAPTER FOURTY THREE

One day turned into two, two into three, three into four.

She wasn't there.

She wasn't at school.

Everybody asked questions, her friends were worried, but Dick? He had been feeling uneasy for the most part.

For a month, she hadn't been in. There was no message given to the teachers as to why she was out for so long.

She just left without a word.

Dick pulled on his suit, grabbing his weapons, he quickly left the cave, grappling and jumping across rooftops to get to Juri's apartment.

He missed her, he missed her smile, he missed everything about her.

Arriving to her block, he knocked on the window lightly.

Ray came, yawning as he scratched his waist.

Trudging towards the window with tired eyes, he opened it up with a sigh.

'How the hell Juri stays up this late is beyond me.' He thought as he tousled his black hair about.

"So, looking for Juri?" He questioned.

"Yeah, actually." He nodded eagerly.

"Well she's not here anyway. She left." He answered as he felt his eyes shutting.

"What?" His heart sank.

She's gone? Why did she leave?

"No, no, I mean she's not here right now- she's here in the city but not at home." He quickly rephrased his words.

"Why?"

"Her painting, if you want to visit her you can." He said as he wrote down the address she was at.

"Can you do something for me?" Ray asked as he handed him the paper.

"Yeah, ofcourse."

"Make Juri leave that place, take her away from there do anything, I don't really care, as long as she's not sat painting for hours." He said as he began to walk back to his room.

"I will." Nightwing said before leaping out the window.

'Why is she over there though? That place is pretty vacant.' He thought as he grappled as fast as he could to the address.

Arriving he leaped off a platform to the ground and began to walk to the empty area with a lone building in the middle.

Multiple guns and weapons were pointed his way as he took one step into the moons light.

"Woah, hold on." Nightwing chuckled out, holding his hands up.

"Who are you?" A man seemingly from the Philippines asked with hostility as he pointed his spear towards him.

"I'm Nightwing, you know, Gotham vigilante." He shrugged.

Suddenly there was a bucket thrown out of the window, glass shattering as it clattered to the ground.

A woman let out a yelp in surprise as the glass almost fell on her.

A lollipop followed along, landing in the girl's hands.

"It's alright Young Miss, I didn't get hurt." She called back.

"Juri? She's up there?" Nightwing asked as he took another step forward, they all pointed their weapons with more hostility, towards him.

"How do you know the Young Miss."

"I'm her friend." He answered simply.

'Unfortunately, just that.'