CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

That night, that kiss under the moons light, stuck in her mind for weeks on end.

She wanted him, terribly, but she simply couldn't have that.

Brushing her braids away from her face, she let out a tired sigh as she walked down the dark path of Gotham.

She came in to school in the evening for the match that they were having.

With her help and the teams work, they won. So now they were in the semi finals.

She had surprised her team when she just randomly came out and into the hall, her kit on and a fresh look on her face.

Now she was walking home by herself, thinking about him.

She rubbed her eyes, sadness aparent.

The sound of a motorcycle to her left made her turn her head.

Nightwing ticked his head to the side.

"Hop on." He said.

She moved her duffle to the side as she climbed on without a word, she held onto his shoulders as he drove off.

They weren't going down the way to her apartment making her raise her slitted brow in question.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"I want to talk to you for a minute." He said as he swerved down a little more.

Making it to the back of an abandoned building, he pulled her towards him and grappled up to the rooftop.

Landing, Juri pushed her braids off her shoulder.

Looking around she found the place very familiar.

She gave him a very puzzled look, confused as to why he brought her here and what he wanted to talk to her about.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asked, setting her duffle down as she walked towards him, he had his back facing her as he looked at the city ahead.

Turning towards her, he took her braids in his hand, letting it twist gently around his gloved fingers.

She stared at him, confused by his action. She might've held a questioning gaze but she would be lying if she said she didn't like what he was doing.

She raised her glasses to the crown of her head, blinking, she arched a brow in utter confusion.

"You're very beautiful." He said.

"Oh, thank you, but what's gotten into you? You good?" She asked.

He smiled.

He simply smiled at her.

"I like you." He said confidently, not slowly and unsurly like last time. He wanted her to know, to hear, to feel and to accept this.

She stared at him, blinking for a split second.

"Uh, I'm sorry. I told you I already like my friend." She said, she didn't want to hurt his feelings.

He smiled wider.

"And I love you." He said.

Her eyes widened at this.

"W-wait, Nightwing. I don't like you." She said stepping away.

He took in a breath, bringing his hands up to his mask, he took it off.

She was beyond shocked, left in a state of disbelief.

She shook her head in denial at this.

"Fuck..." She mumbled as she took in a long breath through her nose.